RC Qualifier

Traxxas 2933 EZ-Peak 6 amp balance charge auto stop?

I'm very new to this lipo/electric stuff and I just got in my new charger and first lipo batteries, when balance charging with this specific charger will it auto stop when done? it has been running for 90 minutes and still going, when I use the normal charge it beeps and stops at like 45 minutes, not sure what going on here

P.S. Batteries are traxxas 11v 3S 5,000mah

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Yes, it stops when finished charging. The extra time is for the balancing... which should be done EVERY charge. This could be very well why it is taking so long to get the task done, especially for a 3 cell.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Something can't be right, last night it was still going at 95 minutes before I cut it off, tonight after running the truck I tried to balance charge and it was still going after 120 minutes, so I just stopped it manually. Shouldn't take this long right?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    That all depends on how far out of balance the cells are.

Do you know the cell voltages?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Well for over and hour they were all between 4.19 and 4.20, they kept on bouncing between them for a very long time, when I would check to see the amperage going into them it was bouncing between 0.00 to 0.03, it finally stopped at 128 minutes, it couldn't have been because they were so far off between the 3 cells

RC Enthusiast
    For what it's worth my 2S 5000 Lipos can take up to 60 mins on balance mode if they are drained well that's each one. I don't have the option to charge two batteries at once.