RC Racer

This is rediculous. PO'd with teton.

I've had my Teton for 1 week. Within 3 days the motor went. I replaced it with a Team Associated 370 because I could get it faster. I'm still waiting on the traxxas replacement so I'm glad I did. Been back on the road for 3 days again and now the rear different is clicking badly and I can tell the power isn't getting to the wheels very well. I have been avoiding immediate full power and and reverse to forward too fast. I'm pretty sure it's going to need to be replaced. I understand this is a hobby but I didn't pay 150 to have to replace parts within 1 week. I'll be spending more time fixing this thing than driving it. I'm regretting not putting the extra 50 bucks down for a 1/16 slash 4x4.

I have to call traxxas AGAIN tomorrow for this issue.

I'm going to ask them to take the truck back. Anyone know if this is possible? I just want my money back and move onto a different vehicle.

End rant.

RC Racer
    I don't really think they would take it back, but I hope you get what you want. I love my Teton, but I purchased just about every upgrade that fits on it and pre ordered aluminum parts from GPM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mikebruns View Post
    I've had my Teton for 1 week. Within 3 days the motor went. I replaced it with a Team Associated 370 because I could get it faster. I'm still waiting on the traxxas replacement so I'm glad I did. Been back on the road for 3 days again and now the rear different is clicking badly and I can tell the power isn't getting to the wheels very well. I have been avoiding immediate full power and and reverse to forward too fast. I'm pretty sure it's going to need to be replaced. I understand this is a hobby but I didn't pay 150 to have to replace parts within 1 week. I'll be spending more time fixing this thing than driving it. I'm regretting not putting the extra 50 bucks down for a 1/16 slash 4x4.

I have to call traxxas AGAIN tomorrow for this issue.

I'm going to ask them to take the truck back. Anyone know if this is possible? I just want my money back and move onto a different vehicle.

End rant.
    Most of us Teton owners have now thrown brushless motors in our Teton's.

My Diff at one point had to be replaced also because it was clicking. This truck is a blast but it is VERY FRAGILE.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 05-19-2014 at 01:50 PM.

RC Racer
    Is this thing capable of running 3s?

RC Racer
    the team associated motor has been running great. Im still going to have a spare stock motor once it gets here. I got off the phone with them a few minutes ago. Theyre now sending me a new rear diff. they said its the spider gears becaue theyre not metal. They shouldve just not been cheap and put metal on ALL gears.

I ordered a Slash 4X4 1:16 scale last night. It has the dreaded Titan 550 in it but i think it may hold up ok in this truck since it is higher up from the ground in its mount than on a rwd bandit, slash, or rustler. so that may help dirt induction. Even tho my main surface is mulch on the local playground and light grass. It will be here tomorrow so im stoked i can still have something to drive around while i wait on the rear diff for the teton. Also i have a cooling fan coming tomorrow that i had bought for the Teton and was going to custom mount it but i think i will use it on the Slash. What made my decision to get the 1/16 slash over a 1/10 scale was i already have the latrax 1200 mah battery (wih traxxas adapter) and i bought a Series 1 1200mah traxxas battery and now the car will come with one so thats 3 total batteries for both cars, plus i got the 2 amp peak charger. I bought the Parallel adapter too so i can double the run time on the slash. Just made sense so that everything stays compatible.
    Last edited by 4mikebruns; 05-19-2014 at 11:06 AM.

RC Racer
    So I got my 1/16 slash 4x4 Brushed 2 days ago. I ordered it the other night when my Teton started to click under load and the rear wasn't putting down power like normal. New rear diff is on the way from traxxas.

As far as the Slash goes it has been great. I've ran it about 3 times now. I purchased the parallel connector and the 40-50 min run time makes it even better. For 50 bucks more than a Teton I shouldve went this route first. I'm not sure if I am going to keep the Teton at this point. Lol

RC Racer
    Got the new diff within 3 days of calling that was great. Installed it in less than 30 mins it was easier than I thought. Clicking is all gone and it runs smoother and quieter than when I took it out of the box. Lol. Traxxas even sent me an extra new diff I guess just in case both needed replacing.

However I decided to sell the Teton so that I can but a brushless set up for the slash. If anyone is interested see my sale thread in the market. The extra diff and new stock motor will come with it.
    Last edited by 4mikebruns; 05-23-2014 at 08:02 AM.

RC Qualifier
    The Titan 12T is a great motor for the 1/16 cars, especially on 2S LiPo that's when it really wakes up! Even though the brushless Velineon380 is a great motor, I would bet that the 12T has similar low end torque- it just doesn't have the top end speed of brushless.

Glad you like your 1/16 but I gotta say I thought it strange you bought one based on having a battery for it because batts for the 1/16ths are dirt cheap lol Its another reason why I like my MERV, spare LiPos are like ten bucks! - I'm sure there are other reasons why you bought the Slash, in any event, enjoy your RC!