RC Champion

Lightbulb Battery balancer wire torn off!!!!

Hi every one,

So while I was at the track racing, forgot to do the most crucial thing, verify if the battery compartment was closed properly of my erbe.

Anyway I managed to strip the balancer wire (to the charger) of one 2s battery and the tip.....luckily I found the tip, I intend to re-fix it, solder the head, I am just wondering does the length of the balancer wire matter. has any one had this problem.
    Last edited by Jezza; 05-18-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Length does not matter.
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    I ripped one of this past winter on my pede. It was sticking out and caught the chains on my rear tire. Unlike you, I couldn't find the connector. Probably something to do with it being a white connector in the snow lol. I bought a 10 pack of 2s connectors in flea Bay for 2 bux.

RC Qualifier
    I also did this to my 3s on my old e10. Apparently the center shaft was hungry. I also didnt notice it until in the house (I unplugged it without removing the body) when I was carrying it through the kitchen and heard arching.
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    Length does not matter.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morehousej View Post
    I ripped one of this past winter on my pede. It was sticking out and caught the chains on my rear tire. Unlike you, I couldn't find the connector. Probably something to do with it being a white connector in the snow lol. I bought a 10 pack of 2s connectors in flea Bay for 2 bux.
    I got lucky, I noticed it after a while and so we started looking on the track, there it was, man its tiny hopefully I still can re use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubaka View Post
    I also did this to my 3s on my old e10. Apparently the center shaft was hungry. I also didnt notice it until in the house (I unplugged it without removing the body) when I was carrying it through the kitchen and heard arching.
    yikes, you mean it sparked....did your batteries still survive.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Yup. It sparked. It lasted two years after that. Never did balance it since. It also fell out of my truck and was dragged a few times, been submerged in mud and water. Best battery I have ever owned. Sadly 2 months ago I went to charge it and it didnt read.

When you put your new plug on, ziptie or tape it to the other wires or something. That was a scary sound.

RC Champion
    Last question,
    I cannot find the balancer head I supposedly put in a safe place.
    Is it still ok to charge the battery without the balancer lead or just not recommended.
    I see chubaka that you jhad manged to do so, I am just curious, looks like I may head off to the store and get some connectors when they are open tomorrow.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Its not recommended. I heard of batteries going out because of uneven cells, but cannot confirm it. I would ask the manufacturer if it would be ok for a few times. I dont do it on my lipos (traxxas 3c, venom 3c and 2c) as often as I should, and the one I ripped the plug off inever did for the last 2 years of life.and it was fine until I let it sit for 6 months.

RC Champion
    Yeah...I did a great job, found some old connectors and re wired everything.
    Taped every wire first for protection and worked on one wire at a time, used heat tubing , then soldered two wires and slid the tube after which I used the good old wife's hair dryer. Nice tight fit, then put an extra protection, electrical tape.
    Repeated the steps for the other two, battery is now charging, indications are correct.....bashing this afternoon.

Live life to the fullest