RC Enthusiast

MIP XDUTY Cracked on 2nd Run!!!!! REALLY?!?

So 2nd run the supposed bulletproof mip xdutys cracked bad! Last night it was run through a little water. Today they are rusty as expected from the water, but they literally cracked driving in a straight line in a sand pit. Unbelievable!! All that money. Anyone have any similar experience with these? What should I expect for MIP customer service? This was the last part I ever expected to break today. Thanks for the feedback in advance!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Every product will have defects, i've heard good things about mip's customer service. Shoot them an email.

RC Champion
    They responded to my question within about an hour.
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Some great customer service at MIP. They should warranty that for you.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the feedback its actually for my brother in law. I was just as disappointed as he was so I put a post up to help him out because I know you guys always have some good, fast feedback here. He is emailing them with those pictures I took and he's going to explain the circumstances. I think they'll take care if it too, and I'm assuming it was just a fluke and probably was defected to begin with, which is totally understandable. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Matt at MIP will take care of y'all.
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC Champion
    A fluke for sure. I run those on 3s and 4s pretty hard with Castle 1415 2400KV Motor with no issues.

Matt from MIP Support will replace this part for free.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SlowTRX View Post
    Matt at MIP will take care of y'all.

+1. Matt will make it right with you. Their customer support is top notch.

Wow that's not like an mip to fail like that as said give matt an email and they will hook you up mine have been bulletproof for over three years with 3s abuse with the tenshock for almost half of that.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    A fluke for sure. I run those on 3s and 4s pretty hard with Castle 1415 2400KV Motor with no issues.

Matt from MIP Support will replace this part for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Wow that's not like an mip to fail like that as said give matt an email and they will hook you up mine have been bulletproof for over three years with 3s abuse with the tenshock for almost half of that.....peace
    A "fluke" and not like a MIP? Are you guys paying attention? No argument that these are good products, but the exhibited break is not uncommon.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    i would also voice on the side that this break is rare... and that mip has great customer service...

how tight is your slipper? or are you running a center diff? do you suspect that your diffs to any damage in that breakage? it would take a bit of torque to break that hardened steel like that...
    Last edited by MooGooLikeIDo; 05-18-2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: add more

RC Qualifier
    Off course it's disappointing when something breakes, but any product will break once in a while. It doesn't matter whether it's Traxxas, MIP or Tekno - every manufacturer will once in a while release a batch which isn't 100%. Quality manufacturers will back their products with good customer service, and IMO that's just as important. And let's face it, with todays brushless power it's impossible to make something 100% bulletproof. Just my thoughts on the subject...

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for all your feedback.I had my buddy send an email to Matt. He wanted to get his new truck out so he went and bought the Traxxas steel drive shafts. He is going to keep the MIP ones as a extra or spare set when and if they replace it which I'm sure they will. This forum has been extremely helpful. I am glad that I finally registered. Thanks again for all the help.