RC poster

No Android version??

Im actually a bit stunned by this. Android app store is easier to develop for, why on earth is there no Android version of the app?? (Or is there?)

RC Qualifier
    Not that I know of. It would be nice for us that dont like apple.
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Enthusiast
    You have to download tapa talk app then you can get the app through there
    Thats how I did it

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    ↑↑↑↑ yep, what he said.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Competitor
    Huh? Instructions?

RC Enthusiast
    Download the tapatalk app for your andriod and on the top left their should be explore or something like that and under hobbies youll find traxxas and etc forums. Or search for it

Say you could download an Android version. Then what? Is there not some hardware that also does not exist?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    I think someone has the Traxxas Link for telemetry confused for the Traxxas forums. There is no Traxxaas app for Android nor will there be one released.
    Rob
    P2DE Driver.

Quote Originally Posted by roberz00 View Post
    I think someone has the Traxxas Link for telemetry confused for the Traxxas forums. There is no Traxxaas app for Android nor will there be one released.
    I wouldn't take it that far. It's obvious the Andriod Platform has become more and more popular.

There is a lot of consideration that has to take place though.

1. Hardware
    2. Firmware
    3. Software

Each of those 3 have their share of hurdles, there's the development, R&D, patents and ensuring there is nobody who has not a piece of this already patented. That's for each 1 2 and 3.

Now there's also licensing and then getting it approved for distribution....

When the original software, hardware and firmware was in the development stages Apple WAS the way to go.... By the time these products were originally released the Android market was just starting to really bear it's teeth in the mobile market.... SO it made sense to develop this product on the Apple platform.

But to say it will never happen on Android... I'll say this. Traxxas NEVER announces what they are going to do until they've done it.

To be honest, I wil be surprised if Traxxas doesn't venture in this direction. I wouldn't say they will never do this. That's for sure.

If you told me they were going to get into aircraft 10 yrs ago I would have said noway... Now look.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Competitor
    Another reason is it would be difficult to make the tqi work droid phones or tablets like it is with istuff, the plug in ports on droids are all in different spots and different sized phones. Where apples are pretty much small size and same location. I think this is why they are doing a Bluetooth tqi.

Maybe they are just listening to their customers. J/K - they are ALWAYS listening to their customers.
    Still, you know somebody is gonna find fault no matter what.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    all this fancy radio does me is absolutely zero, nothing because I cant get in to it and set it up. Is there a way to fine tune the esc via-castle link, I bet not. So I am yanking the electronics out unless I can find a work around here. cause what I am understanding is without a iphone you can not fine tune the radio or the esc .

RC poster
    Android version coming!

Says so on the E-revo telemetry page.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Realsickclown View Post
    all this fancy radio does me is absolutely zero, nothing because I cant get in to it and set it up. Is there a way to fine tune the esc via-castle link, I bet not. So I am yanking the electronics out unless I can find a work around here. cause what I am understanding is without a iphone you can not fine tune the radio or the esc .
    Most of the options available one the iPhone app can be accessed and adjusted manually with the toggle switches for the menu on the radio, the owner's manual, and some patience. I have done it when my 50$ iPod I bought just for using with my tqi was dead and I needed to reverse the steering channel.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D