RC Enthusiast

new to me nitro Stampede

I have just acquired a nitro stampede, and have to change the clutch bell and spur gear,my question is how tight should the slipper be tightened down.

thank you for any help

RC Qualifier
    Its usually tighten it all the way, then loosen it a quarter to half turn.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks, I will try that.

RC Qualifier
    Hows it running? Now I know why you asked. You have to adjust it before reassembly! My spur found nuetral and I had to just replace it!
    People Eating Tasty Animals

RC Enthusiast
    Still working on the tune,I would like to see if I can get it running tip top, before I do the 3.3 upgrade. My first R/C was the T-Maxx 4907, but I am really finding this little 'Pede' is quite fun.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Cahoon View Post
    Still working on the tune,I would like to see if I can get it running tip top, before I do the 3.3 upgrade. My first R/C was the T-Maxx 4907, but I am really finding this little 'Pede' is quite fun.
    Same here, only im going 2.5r with a few mods. Everytime I go to tune something acts. my first nitro was a .15 sport and my .15 pede seems more fun and punchy. Go figure.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a pair of 3.3's sitting in my office at work, I can refurbish fairly cheap. That's what lead me to think about upgrading the little guy, and also I know the guy I bought it from didn't break the motor in properly. It will be fun!

The 3.3 in a N-Stampede would be insane! I'll stick with my Pro .15, though, as it has plenty of enough power for this truck.

Good luck getting her running well, and have fun with the truck!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    The 3.3 in a N-Stampede would be insane! I'll stick with my Pro .15, though, as it has plenty of enough power for this truck.

Good luck getting her running well, and have fun with the truck!
    A .15 is almost right. Add a mild port job, a pipe and filter or a 2.5 imo. Maybe im used to my vxl on 3s.

If you think a 3.3 is insane, I saw a guy put a .28 or .32 in his recently on another forum.

Keith, I would take you up on the offer, but I have two healthy .15s at the moment. However if they happen to break mounts or or I accidentally forget the airfilter before offroading we may have to talk. Jokes aside, im having a hard time fueling this engine, and cant think of a bigger one!

RC Enthusiast
    I do agree that .15 is lots of motor for that truck. I'm very new to the hobby, I bought my first R/C in January of this year,(T-Maxx 3.3)and discovered breaking it was just as much fun as bashing around. Eventually I quit breaking stuff and found my self bored, so I started repair my buddy's truck. I then discovered that the 3.3 was very similar to size as the .15, did a little research and discovered I wasn't the only one who thought of it, then it seemed like the best plan to fill my spare time. When I get around to the upgrade will try to post pics to show off my vision of the project. I have looked into rpm parts, new body, and some sand paws and skis (for winter) also know a guy who will build tire chains if the sand paws don't work in the snow.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Cahoon View Post
    discovered breaking it was just as much fun as bashing around.
    I agree, to a certain point. I bought my pede, ran great the first week, then came the problems; stripped the spur, obly spares were 72, so I did the 72 tooth mod then goes 10 engine teardowns in one day misc reasons, one way slips real bad, servo went out, now the front engine bearing went, broke tools fixing it. Not bad for one week.

How do you like the tmaxx 3.3?
    Last edited by Chubaka; 05-29-2014 at 07:52 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    I really love it. It is my first 4x4 of any type so i have the tendency to drive it like I stole it. The frustration is understandable. I have been fortunate enough that every time some thing breaks its a different repair, so I am learning a lot. I guess I am a bit of an information junkie, I read through forums like this cause there is a lot of good info. Sometimes questionable but most times its good. Motor still cares me a bit, but when that tear down comes I know there's lots of help out there!

RC Competitor
    You have a 4x4 nitro stampede?

Quote Originally Posted by mxaustin View Post
    You have a 4x4 nitro stampede?
    I believe he's talking about his 3.3 T-Maxx.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    Yup, 2wd nitro stampede, 4x4 T-Maxx and having tons of fun.

RC Qualifier
    I love my maxx and know what you mean. Since 03 ive been doing a nitro sport, then since 07 got my own, stampede xl5 and vxl, rustler and bandiy, then in 2012 bought an old maxx 2.5. That was this huge heavy tank. Loved it. Makes my pede like a civic. Instead of workin it I was crawling over curbs.

RC Competitor
    Gotcha. I have a 2.5 maxx with a 3.3 on it. Its a beast