Hybrid View

RC Qualifier

lipo warranty? does it work?

I got a brushless system in my emaxx and I am currently using NIMH and they get the truck around but not super fast. When my emaxx was brushed I had 2, 2s 5000 mah batteries. I went for a drive and FOROT TO UNPLUG THE BATTERIES AFTER THE RUN . then to make things worse it sat like that for 2-3 months. one lipo has no puff but the other one is puffed bad. Ive had them for uhh maybe a year, I checked online and traxxas says "After one year, any Power Cell LiPo battery in any condition can be exchanged for a new equivalent battery for just 50% of the new pack's retail price, no questions asked." I was wondering if anyone has done this and how.

RC Qualifier
    This has been asked before, call traxxas and post back to let us know how it goes.

RC Qualifier
    ok ill do that.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I called traxxas and asked about their puffed battery warranty and they say that they will replace them at half retail which is $100 so half retail is $50 which is what a brand new lipo costs on ebay.