Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Batteries Will Not Charge

I have an EZ Peak charger and cannot get my NiMH batteries to charge. Some batteries are brand new, some have not been used since last November and some were used in the last 5 weeks but another brand but still would not charge on the EZ Peak. They would charge for about 20-30 minutes or less then the charge light will turn green. I have unplugged the battery and plugged it again and same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? Is the charger bad?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    What is the voltage of the packs?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    The voltage per pack is 8.4v(7-cell)

RC Competitor
    Is that the voltage after you pull the battery off the charger or just the voltage of the battery pack? Did you test the battery with a volt meter after the charge?
    Traxxas Stampede VXL 4X4

RC Enthusiast
    I checked the voltages and they are between 7.5 and 8 after I have tried to charge them.

RC Competitor
    Sounds like a bad charger. Try giving Traxxas a call.
    Traxxas Stampede VXL 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Have you tryed bumping up the chargers capacity. I am having the same issue with my traxxas 4200mah nimh battery. I set it at 4.2 amps on nimh charge and it would shut down after 10-15 minutes and say full but I knew it wasn't. Battery is new but would keep shutting off and say full. I don't know if it was the battery or charger but I went into the chargers program setting for capacity and bumped it up from 5000mah to 10,000mah and it started charging much longer up to 3700mah so I'm guessing the batts full now since it stopped about 3-4 times before at 10-15 min. intervals

RC Enthusiast
    I am not able to change the capacity of the charger, I have the EZ Peak 4-amp charger(2930).