Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541

    Re-Transformed Pede

    Here it is, Basking in the sun.

    Kingz Head motor mount
    RPM A-Arms
    RPM 3.2 Revolvers
    MIP X-Duty CVD shafts
    MIP 17mm Adaptors
    Traxxas Bearing Adaptor
    Traxxas Diff support bars
    Traxxas Blue Aluminun Caster Blocks
    Traxxas Blue Aluminun shock caps
    Traxxas (front only) Blue Tie bars
    Traxxas Blue wheelie bar wheels
    Hobbywing Ez-run WP SC8 120a ESC
    Tenshock SC401 V2 3800KV motor
    Proline 2.8 Mashers (taped)
    Proline 66' Ford F100 Body









    And yes, It color changing paint. The photos don't do it justice. At times, it's green.
    Last edited by ramflames; 05-04-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa City, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,421
    Nice!

    Is there any benefit to putting 2.8 wheels on 3.2 rims
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimdog View Post
    Nice!

    Is there any benefit to putting 2.8 wheels on 3.2 rims
    17mm Hex. No more stripped wheels. Using the 2.8 tire keeps the overall tire diameter the same and keeps weight down. 3.2 tires are too big and heavy for the motor. It would cause motor and ESC heat issues. No one makes a 2.8 rim with a 17mm hex.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    293
    Very, very nice ramflames. Tough to make the color change show up in pics huh? Those mashers look awesome and powertrain looks ala spennie if im not wrong. Wicked lookin pede brother!! Well done.

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Starr County, Texas
    Posts
    647
    Sweet looking truck! Loving the wheel combo.
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    607
    Nice truck

  7. #7
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    62
    I have a slight crush on your truck, man. Diggity.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by quinsdad View Post
    I have a slight crush on your truck, man. Diggity.
    That's Cool, Share the Love!

    Plus, I'm the comments, Keep them coming. Thank you guys!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    And yes, It color changing paint. The photos don't do it justice. At times, it's green.
    That looks great man! I would love to see the full spectrum, but I know what you mean. I used some SpazStix color changing paint (blue/green/purple) on my 'pede, only really ever looks green on cam, but man does it look great driving by.

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    5,213
    Man your truck ram is looking so sick and very tough dude how are the motor temps now??......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Man your truck ram is looking so sick and very tough dude how are the motor temps now??......peace
    I last drove it before the mods. I did some speed runs, grass, dirt and mud. The highest temp reading was 125 F.
    I haven't driven it since the mods because I wasn't sure about the wheel nuts. I can't find mt blue loctite. I'm going to have to buy some before I drive it again.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  12. #12
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    70
    What are you running for batteries with that setup?
    Traxxas Stampede VXL 4X4

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. O.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South of St Louis
    Posts
    5,986
    How do you like the motor/esc setup?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Easton, MD
    Posts
    591
    Looking great, and very durable setup. Should have less down-time!

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Love the ESC and Motor. I'm running it on 3S Lipo.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Northern Norway
    Posts
    331
    IMO this is easily one of the best looking P4de's out there - and with those upgrades, a very capable one aswell.
    Very nicely done, ramflames!

    Btw. it looks like you are using the stock body posts? Is it possible to lower the F-100 body the same way as the stock body?
    Last edited by Viking; 05-06-2014 at 12:57 AM.

  17. #17
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    5,213
    He's a fan of the monster truck look and likes it high dude.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    As Spennie stated. I am a fan of it being high. But, Like any other body, It too can be lowered. Tonight, I got my son's 2wd Pede running again. He lowered the trucks Suspension and the body. This truck was originally mine. Bought in 1998. Wow, What a difference in how it drives. It's like it's glued to the road. Ha Ha, his may stick to the road. But my 4wd Pede, seen here, is faster than his. He can turn, but he won't catch me in the straights. BTW, His is running the VXL system that came out of mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    IMO this is easily one of the best looking P4de's out there - and with those upgrades, a very capable one aswell.
    Very nicely done, ramflames!

    Btw. it looks like you are using the stock body posts? Is it possible to lower the F-100 body the same way as the stock body?
    Viking, Thank you! This is probably the best comment that I received, and have had a lot of postive comments. Which, with that being said, I must also give to Spennie. We have near identical set ups, And he has helped me get my truck to where it is through this forum. So, THANK YOU Spennie!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-07-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: merge
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Last night I drove my Truck since doing the mods. Motor temp topped out at 126 and ESC at 119. There was absolutely no tire ballooning. The Mashers don't have the traction that the Trenchers had. On pavement, this lends to more spirited driving. Which was fun. Top speed is down due to the tires not ballooning. I'll take more control over speed. Over all, the truck feels tighter, more agile. I was able to take turns at higher speeds than before. Which was the coolest part of this mod.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  20. #20
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    5,213
    Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    As Spennie stated. I am a fan of it being high. But, Like any other body, It too can be lowered. Tonight, I got my son's 2wd Pede running again. He lowered the trucks Suspension and the body. This truck was originally mine. Bought in 1998. Wow, What a difference in how it drives. It's like it's glued to the road. Ha Ha, his may stick to the road. But my 4wd Pede, seen here, is faster than his. He can turn, but he won't catch me in the straights. BTW, His is running the VXL system that came out of mine.



    Viking, Thank you! This is probably the best comment that I received, and have had a lot of postive comments. Which, with that being said, I must also give to Spennie. We have near identical set ups, And he has helped me get my truck to where it is through this forum. So, THANK YOU Spennie!
    Bro thank you for the kind words and you know I will always try and help a brother out and your temps are sick and maybe go up a tooth or two and see how that works out......peace...ps we are moving house so will not have internet as of midnight so speak soon dude.
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Northern Norway
    Posts
    331
    Hurry back spennie - we can't manage long without you!

    And ramflames: You are welcome - I just pointed out the obvious...
    Btw: Why do you run the front MIP's "upside down" (can't see the rear ones in the pictures). Running the female end on the outside will fill them with debris and increase maintenance imo.

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Bro thank you for the kind words and you know I will always try and help a brother out and your temps are sick and maybe go up a tooth or two and see how that works out......peace...ps we are moving house so will not have internet as of midnight so speak soon dude.
    Hope all goes well with your move. Once you get all settled in and that cord for your kindle gets in we're all looking forward to your pics of everything. Until next time, in your words.....peace

  23. #23
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    5,213
    Thanks guy's you all take care and I will be back soon ......peace out
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Hurry back spennie - we can't manage long without you!

    And ramflames: You are welcome - I just pointed out the obvious...
    Btw: Why do you run the front MIP's "upside down" (can't see the rear ones in the pictures). Running the female end on the outside will fill them with debris and increase maintenance imo.
    I realized that they were incorrect after installing them. I figured, either way, dirt and debris well get in no matter what, yes, it will be less the correct way. I'm going to correct them, but, not until another reason arises to justify taking them apart. I frequently clean and lube them with Fluid Film Lubricant/Corrosion Inhibitor. They show no signs of wear and I have had them for a year and a half.

    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Bro thank you for the kind words and you know I will always try and help a brother out and your temps are sick and maybe go up a tooth or two and see how that works out......peace...ps we are moving house so will not have internet as of midnight so speak soon dude.
    Any time! Now hurry back!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-10-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: merge
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  25. #25
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    40
    Looks sweet. Like the color changing paint and old school body.

  26. #26
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM614 View Post
    Looks sweet. Like the color changing paint and old school body.
    Thank You. Proline makes 3 or 4 old school bodies. I have the one seen here, a 72 Chevy C10 and a 50 Chevy body. Both are pictured in other threads here on this forum. Plus more
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  27. #27
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Well, after a weekend of driving on dirt, gravel, water, grass, and pavement. I'm happy to report that I broke nothing. My son broke a caster block on his 2wd Pede, my friend tore a tire on his E-Revo, doing a donut, on dual 3S Lipos. My motor temp was at it's highest 119F. Sad to report, not happy with the Mashers. Overall, They don't have great traction like my Trencher's Did. For now, they will have to do.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  28. #28
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    Well, after a weekend of driving on dirt, gravel, water, grass, and pavement. I'm happy to report that I broke nothing. My son broke a caster block on his 2wd Pede, my friend tore a tire on his E-Revo, doing a donut, on dual 3S Lipos. My motor temp was at it's highest 119F. Sad to report, not happy with the Mashers. Overall, They don't have great traction like my Trencher's Did. For now, they will have to do.
    Yeah I have heard the Mashers lack traction but broke nothing is a good day lol

  29. #29
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    428
    Really tough to beat trenchers. The mashers look sweet, though.

  30. #30
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by fls4 View Post
    Really tough to beat trenchers. The mashers look sweet, though.
    Agreed. Masher look SWEET, but, Trencher perform.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  31. #31
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Liverpool, New York
    Posts
    541
    The video quality is not that good. A friend took this on his cell phone. I'm running my 50' Chevy body.


    Yes, that is a lit fire in the fire pit. This was taken at my camp. The a frame swing is my site. The fire pit that I'm jumping over is my Neighbors'.
    Last edited by ramflames; 05-11-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

  32. #32
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. spenniepoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wales in the UK
    Posts
    5,213
    Dude crazy video and yes I am back in the saddle but ran my pede for the first time yesterday and my diff bearing went into meltdown.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •