RC Racer

Big bore shock question

Hey guys, are these the right ones: NEW Traxxas Shocks Big Bore T-Maxx (8) 4962 NIB? Looks like you can get them in a set of 8 for not that much than 4. I can use these on another build and figured I might as well upgrade the Stampede at the same time!

RC Qualifier
    Looks like there for the emaxx and even revo

I meant e revo
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-05-2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    They should work. Its not like trying to put losi shocks on a traxxas truck. They are a different part number than the revo big bores but I don't see what's different.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

They look like they will fit dude and if they do give us a review I have the stampede/slash big bores and they are sick with 50wt oil all round and 20% progressive springs....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    hm, I'm looking more closely and aren't the front and rear Stampede shocks different lengths? I don't think the 8 pack is gonna work. Guess I'll just have to buy two separate sets of shocks.

RC Qualifier
    stampede's have X-Long on the rear and Long up front if i remember correctly
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

That's true but as long as you try a few different setups I think they will be awesome for big air and off road....peace

RC Racer
    So I have been doing some reading and it looks like the Ultra shocks actually have a larger diameter then the Big Bores. I'm running 50Wt oil but need more. I bottom out on jumps and sometimes even hard turns it leans so much I get rubbing.

So why is the Big Bore considered an upgrade? Couldn't a stiffer spring solve the problem?

They have aluminium body's instead of plastic so they don't get any side flex or bulge and mine have been tested to there limits so much so that I spilt my rear bulkhead almost in two pieces doing massive backflips over a 30 foot gap onto concrete if I would have done it with ultras my truck would have been in half LOL.....peace