RC Racer

Weekend Project:Slipper rebuild, 20 tooth pinion and De-anodize P4de! Success

Last night I planned on changing out my pinion to the 20 tooth gear. Ive been running the 22 for a few weeks and now that Im finished speed testing I figured I would give the Motor a break. When I inspected the spur gear I noticed it had some uneven wear from running the large pinion. I must of had the mesh a little too tight. When I went to change out the spur I noticed my slipper pads were shot. I figured first thing this morning I would get a rebuild kit and put my rigg back together. On the way to the hobby shop I had a classic idea of de-anodizing and polishing my aluminum parts. So there went my Saturday afternoon. I have been working on the truck off and on all day but it was well worth it. I stripped the anodized parts with greased lighting and polished them with Never Dull and my Dremel. The truck is back together and looking better than ever. I cant wait to take her out tomorrow for some fun in the sun!

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Sweet man, have you thought about doing the motor?

RC Racer
    You have to soak the parts in Grease Lightning. I think the motor will stay green! Lol

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpopa71 View Post
    Last night I planned on changing out my pinion to the 20 tooth gear. Ive been running the 22 for a few weeks and now that Im finished speed testing I figured I would give the Motor a break. When I inspected the spur gear I noticed it had some uneven wear from running the large pinion. I must of had the mesh a little too tight. When I went to change out the spur I noticed my slipper pads were shot. I figured first thing this morning I would get a rebuild kit and put my rigg back together. On the way to the hobby shop I had a classic idea of de-anodizing and polishing my aluminum parts. So there went my Saturday afternoon. I have been working on the truck off and on all day but it was well worth it. I stripped the anodized parts with greased lighting and polished them with Never Dull and my Dremel. The truck is back together and looking better than ever. I cant wait to take her out tomorrow for some fun in the sun!

[IMG][/IMG]

Man, if that's not the sickest 'pede I've seen, I'll eat my shoe...awesome work!

RC Racer
    Thanks , I really appreciate it! That was really funny!

RC Qualifier
    Looks so much sicker without the blue. Really compliments the body. Great job. I think I might now do my front caster blocks and steering knuckles, and wheelie wheels...if I ever get the time.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Looks so much sicker without the blue. Really compliments the body. Great job. I think I might now do my front caster blocks and steering knuckles, and wheelie wheels...if I ever get the time.
    It takes away the scratch factor as well. When the anodized parts get scratched they look so bad that I want to replace them. It certainly gives the truck a more realistic look. Thanks for the compliment and glad I could help

Looking like a boss dude I have been thinking about de-anodizeding my wheely bar wheels and now you have made up my mindkeep up the amazing work man......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks , I really appreciate it! That was really funny!
    Really though, if my rig looked that good I'd probably never bash it again. May throw the plasma away and put the pede where the tv was and just stare at it all day. Really, good work on that one man.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingStampede View Post
    Really though, if my rig looked that good I'd probably never bash it again. May throw the plasma away and put the pede where the tv was and just stare at it all day. Really, good work on that one man.
    That body comes off for bashing. I use my Reaper body which used to look as good as this one. I scratched it up pretty good but it still makes people take a second look. The Widower body is just for show though. Sometimes I just look at it too! Funny

RC Competitor
    That body comes off for bashing. I use my Reaper body which used to look as good as this one. I scratched it up pretty good but it still makes people take a second look. The Widower body is just for show though. Sometimes I just look at it too! Funny
    Just found post with your Reaper body, that looks sick too, but the Widower...man, gives me goosebumps LOL.