RC Racer

First high speed pinion gear run after 2 years and the esc slowly blinks after 5 pass

Hey guys like the title states, first time in 2 years since i have owned her I decided to install the high speed pinion gear. I installed 3 cell LiPos and after 5 high speed passes she cuts throttle I check the esc and motor temps and esc is at 98 degrees F and the motor is at 129 F. I have installed the stock esc velinion fan and the stock motor with the dual fan Integy setup. Never had an issue running stock gear even after running 14 minutes plus with 2 Cell with the stock setup? WHats causing her to slow down, and kill throttle???

Any ideas appreciated.

Also running stock Talons and Tires. Only upgrades are the esc/motor fan, sway bars, and the shocks - of course the high speed pinion as of today on 3cell.

RC Qualifier
    Does it blink red ?

RC Qualifier
    my rustler has been acting strange running 3s. it will do what your saying. i just unplug the batt and plug it back in. it works fine after that.

Dude what condition and age and mah rating is the lipo because it could be the lvd kicking in if the lipo is not up to the job.......peace
    Last edited by spenniepoos; 05-01-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude what condition and age and mah rating is the lipo because it could be the lvd kicking in if the lipois not up to the job.......peace
    That's what I was thinking

RC Racer
    Well the electronics are brand new, and the batteries are less than 4 months old from SPC. I swapped the high speed pinion and same batteries over, and same result.

And like skm said if I unplug, everything is ok, and she runs fine???
    Last edited by linux38; 05-01-2014 at 07:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    yeah im using a new 40c 4300mah pack. it only does it on my rustler not my stampede

RC Qualifier
    It is a common glitch with the VXL on 3s. There are many threads on the same problem, but no one ever found a solution(that I am aware of). It can also happen if you try to start off slow with a fresh battery. Mine did the same thing when it was in my P4de. Unplug, plug back in and good to go...
    Last edited by Hirschowl; 05-01-2014 at 07:37 PM.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Qualifier
    If you get a low voltage alarm, you could switch the ESC to nimh mode. That worked for me until I replaced my esc with a better one.