RC Qualifier

Servo Case Keeps Breaking

I've got a problem where my 2075 Servo Case keeps breaking with some bad cartwheels and even with some fast driving where my emaxx gets stress on the servos. How can I eliminate this problem? Is it so that I'm tightening down the servos too much or is this just a common problem? The middle plastic nipple gear even breaks with the case breaking. I was thinking if I upgraded to a stronger servo, that the stronger servo would also come with a plastic case that would too ultimately break. Does anyone know how I can eliminate this problem or suggest a stronger servo that comes not only with some stronger gears but a stronger case as well so I won't have this problem? I wounldn't mind upgrading to a hitec- id love something plug and play. Thanks !

RC Competitor
    Hi-tec seems a little pricey so I went with savox 0231. I love savox they offer great servos that don't hurt the pocket. This one is steel gears and waterproof. It also puts out way more torgue then stock and costs 15 bucks more

Servo Case Keeps Breaking

Is it the the spline on the output gear that is breaking? If so, perhaps you are hitting something? If not, I'm at a loss.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Well its the servo case cover, the blue part, not the blue box part. I think I might be tightening the four screws that hold the servo down too tightly? The spline on the outer gear is what usually snaps off which isn't as a big deal for me breaking because I replace it with the replacement gear set. I think I might be tightening the servo down too much, as this is a good thing to learn from in case I do upgrade to a pricier servo and can avoid not breaking the servo cover case.

RC Champion
    Hey a fellow central new yorker! To answer your question if your snapping the ears off the servo case then yes it might be over tightened. It also might be useful to know what tires you are running. Personally i went with a hitec, this guy in particular http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXPM0&P=ML. Its a very good servo even with my mammoth sized mashers. You can find them on ebay for 80$.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for that recommendation. In case I do get that servo, I'm wondering if I do break the ears off the servo case if there are replacement servo covers for that servo. Also, does that servo require a glitch buster or will it be plug and play? Thanks !

RC Champion
    The hytec 7955tg works good too.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Thanks for that recommendation. In case I do get that servo, I'm wondering if I do break the ears off the servo case if there are replacement servo covers for that servo. Also, does that servo require a glitch buster or will it be plug and play? Thanks !
    Hitec servos do not require a glitch buster, and yes they sell replacement cases. You will however need a new servo horn. I used one of the optional revo ones for not traxxas servos.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.