Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3

    New E-Maxx Brushless 39085

    Just got my new E-Maxx today!! First real RC! Ordered from Amazon. I also ordered the 2933 charger and wasn't shipped all the parts in the box(working on fixing that now).
    My question's are, what is the charge time on the OEM 3000 MAH NiMh battery's and how long will they last during use after the battery is broke in its full charge cycle?
    Thanks for all the answers and help ahead of time!
    [IMG][/IMG]

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. 87 GN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    7,946
    nothing like that new car smell... charge time depends on the charger and number of amps, avg prob 20/30 min.
    Run time about the same 20 min. Break in the slipper pads. and some good reading info...

    AOD's Links EMaxx

    Emaxx 101:
    EMAXX FAQ

    Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

    Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE


    Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS


    And direct from CastleCreations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

    Driver's ED Manual

    LED warning light meanings

    EMAXX 3906 UPGRADE GUIDE & LOW BUDGET BRUSHLESS OPTIONS
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    122
    Hello, just got a new emaxx brushless with the same body, feels good to have 1/8 truck!

    My stock 3000 traxxas nimh last about 16 minutes when i drive in the woods, but maby the last 4 minutes going slow.
    I realy dont like this nimh battery because the truck is to slow with them, they dont give the punch that the mamba monster need. Going to buy lipo battery soon as possible :-)

  4. #4
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,990
    Quote Originally Posted by GoCubsGo View Post
    My question's are, what is the charge time on the OEM 3000 MAH NiMh battery's and how long will they last during use after the battery is broke in its full charge cycle?
    Welcome to the forums!

    You'll want to charge your batteries at around 3 amps, so they'll take roughly an hour to charge. Run time can vary greatly depending on driving style, so it's hard to put a number on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray87 View Post
    My stock 3000 traxxas nimh last about 16 minutes when i drive in the woods, but maby the last 4 minutes going slow.
    Make sure you're not driving past the voltage drop; that is a good way to wreck your batteries. Once you see your truck really starting to slow down, stop running it.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    1,771
    Welcome to the addiction GoCubsGo.
    I got the same truck back in February. Sense then have added a few things.
    Lots of great people here in the forums if you have any problems or questions.They are more than willing to help.

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

    You'll want to charge your batteries at around 3 amps, so they'll take roughly an hour to charge. Run time can vary greatly depending on driving style, so it's hard to put a number on it.

    Make sure you're not driving past the voltage drop; that is a good way to wreck your batteries. Once you see your truck really starting to slow down, stop running it.
    I didn't know that, how can i tell if i have wreck the batteries? They have been cold after every use, could it also wreck something to the esc or motor when i use it when its slow? Sorry for offtopic

  7. #7
    Traxxas Marshal cooleocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wherever the road takes me.
    Posts
    36,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray87 View Post
    I didn't know that, how can i tell if i have wreck the batteries? They have been cold after every use, could it also wreck something to the esc or motor when i use it when its slow? Sorry for offtopic
    You'd know if you have damaged them (reduced run times, less power, etc.). Some batteries are more sensitive than others.

    Your ESC and motors should be fine.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Thanks, Sounds about right took right around 60 min to charge both!

  9. #9
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    nothing like that new car smell... charge time depends on the charger and number of amps, avg prob 20/30 min.
    Run time about the same 20 min. Break in the slipper pads. and some good reading info...

    AOD's Links EMaxx

    Emaxx 101:
    EMAXX FAQ

    Lipo, LVC, Brushless & Battery charger/charging guides & purchasing links:
    TUTORIALS

    Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE


    Refer to this to find parts, upgrades, batts & chargers etc:
    USEFUL LINKS


    And direct from CastleCreations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

    Driver's ED Manual

    LED warning light meanings

    EMAXX 3906 UPGRADE GUIDE & LOW BUDGET BRUSHLESS OPTIONS
    Thanks, for the links... Ill be reading thru before my first drive!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •