RC Racer

Mamba monster esc power switch issue?

Hi!
    I got a new emaxx brushless non waterproof so i guess it is a mm1.
    On the second use the car will not turn off, its still on when it switched off, and when i turn the switch to on again then the car restart and give some bipp and shows its ready to drive.
    What could i do with that?

Anyone that have this problem?

I just open the switch and looking for problems, couldnt find the problem and now after i install it again it works fine, strange..
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-29-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Those little switchs on the mmm escs are notorious for that. One of mine just quit working too.

RC Qualifier
    yes those switches are cheap quality, on my MM2 it started shorting out with in 1 week of usage. I just bypassed it by cutting it off and connecting both ends together, that way a soon as i plug the battery, it starts right up. Was getting tired of trying to find the switch everytime anyways, I have no mount the switch was just laying there
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC Champion
    Every castle product i’ve owned has had a switch go bad. For my mmm2 its only a matter of time.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Do you guys turn on/off the switch every run? I leave mine on and just unplug the battery to turn it off.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Do you guys turn on/off the switch every run? I leave mine on and just unplug the battery to turn it off.
    If the switch on my model works then i usually use it.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

leave it on........idkwhy just do....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    another way to do is to solder them wires together as short as inside the case to eliminate the switch, but leaving it on will be your first option.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Qualifier
    Go to RadioShack, get/install a SPST switch to your MM1 or MM2, and you will end any future switch problems.

RC Racer
    Where do you order that switch? :-)
    Its works fine now but last time i use it i hear suddently the esc restart and beep when the truck standing still.
    Wierd that a big company like castle that make so good esc and motors dont make the power switch correct.
    What is realy wrong inside the stock switch? Everything seems to be fine inside the switch.

RC Racer
    The easy way is to cut it of and dont use the switch since so many in here have remove it, i think is a reason for that they deliver it with power switch? I have owned a rc boat with orion esc on 4s and that came without power switch out of the box. Everytime i plug it in the boat was turned on, it was deans connector and it looks like a firework out of the connector when i plugged in the lipo battery.

Isnt it bad to plug in volt on a thing before its turned off? Of course it dosnt do anything since so many in here have done that to the esc, maby its worse when we handle more volt than a couple of lipo battery.

I think it is strange that castle dosnt came with a solution or that they dont deliver it without powerswitch when they not could make switches that works longer than 15 minutes
    Last edited by Ray87; 05-01-2014 at 11:04 AM.