Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

CoreyM rally thread.

I started this build a while ago. It's just taken me longer to get the parts together then hoped but none the less it's almost completed. Iv taken pictures along the way so figured I'd post it for you guys. I started a thread before but photobucket kept making my pictures disappear due to lack of bandwidth. I figured I'd try again with tap talk. Hope the same thing does not happen. Maybe someone who uses tap talk could answer that for me? Anyway thus won't be the nicest build thread and might be a little out of order. But hope you enjoy.

Parts list: (more to be added)

T-bone bumpers (front and rear)
    Rpm front bulkhead
    Rpm a arms (front and rear)
    Mip X-duty CVD (front and rear) hpi pins 86094
    Hot racing sway bar
    Traxxas aluminum shock tower (front and rear)
    Lunsford titanium turnbuckles and hinge pins
    Traxxas aluminum c hubs
    Traxxas aluminum bearing carriers (front and rear)
    King headz motor mount
    Strc aluminum steering bell crank
    Strc aluminum motor plate
    Traxxas gtr shocks
    Axis chassis brace
    Savox 1258tg
    Traxxas battery expansion mount
    Mip 17mm conversion
    Sweep gt8 slicks
    Castle creations mamba monster 2
    Castle creations 2650 motor
    Xo-1 differential (front and rear)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Wow!! nice long list of upgrade, I can see this truck is very well built..
    I gotta ask, what body do you have?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier

CoreyM rally thread.

wait didn't you post this pic on ViperZ build thread? hahaha didn't even realize that was yours lol sorry.

RC Qualifier
    I have the stock rally, proline focus, and protoform pf8. I do not have the protrak/xo-1 setup. So it's regular stance. I'm hoping it will still look ok with the normal stance with gt-8 bodies. I'm hoping to avoid modding the shock towers like you have done. Right now I have the traxxas aluminum slash towers but recently purchased the xo-1 towers. Have not installed them yet. I was hoping to pick up a couple of these for front and rear in effort to get the body low enough without using the xo-1 towers. What do you think Humray?

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...ont-Body-Mount

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    wait didn't you post this pic on ViperZ build thread? hahaha didn't even realize that was yours lol sorry.
    Yup., it's the same one I posted in vipers thread. I'll post some more pictures soon. Like I said above. I started a thread before but photobucket messed it up on me. So this is a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    I have the stock rally, proline focus, and protoform pf8. I do not have the protrak/xo-1 setup. So it's regular stance. I'm hoping it will still look ok with the normal stance with gt-8 bodies. I'm hoping to avoid modding the shock towers like you have done. Right now I have the traxxas aluminum slash towers but recently purchased the xo-1 towers. Have not installed them yet. I was hoping to pick up a couple of these for front and rear in effort to get the body low enough without using the xo-1 towers. What do you think Humray?

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...ont-Body-Mount
    is that piece mounted on top of the shock tower?

with the XO-1 shock tower, I don't think you have problem fitting GT8 body unless its X3.

Great build! I have a lot of the upgraded parts as you on my LCG Ultimate edition. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures. I use www.flickr.com as a host for my pictures. I have used them for many years. You get like a terabyte of space for free.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Hey wait, didn't you post this to my thread...?

Ha, Ha, I don't remember the post, but I remember the pictures. I have the same Orange Rally Body, so it's more deja vu

I didn't see what was wrong with your last thread, but nice car anyway!

RC Qualifier
    I think I posted it in the rally body thread. Not yours viper. Pictures kept disappearing. I use an iPad and iPhone and I don't think there is a flicker app for us yet.

Photobucket did this to me before and I thought OK my bandwidth reaches its limit but when its back some pics are completely gone. still using phtotobucket but with two account now

Edit: maybe that's were I saw your pics at album thread, I just know I saw it lol.

RC Qualifier
    All those parts are awesome.....can't wait to see some naked chassis pics....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    All those parts are awesome.....can't wait to see some naked chassis pics....
    Perv!!!!

Of course, I should be talking...I've been drooling over Viper's undercarriage(s) for months!!!
    Last edited by CrashTestDummy; 04-29-2014 at 10:44 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy View Post
    Perv!!!!

Of course, I should be talking...I've been drooling over Viper's undercarriage(s) for months!!!
    You guys crack me up...

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Photobucket did this to me before and I thought OK my bandwidth reaches its limit but when its back some pics are completely gone. still using phtotobucket but with two account now

Edit: maybe that's were I saw your pics at album thread, I just know I saw it lol.
    Kinda weird with Photobucket right now. I had the same problem for awhile, but now the pics I post are showing up as normal. Never heard of this before, but I have seen this problem recently from a lot of people on different forums.

Nice looking ride, CoreyM! Love the black and orange! I need deeper pockets to keep up with all the new Traxxas models I want to own. The Rally is one I really want.
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier

Traxxas aluminum shock towers. I have a set of the xo-1 towers to get the body low but have a different body mounting I wanted to try first.

RC Qualifier

Strc aluminum bell crank with the rpm front bulk head. As you can see in the picture probably I did not leave the chassis in the rit dye long enough. Needless to say I will be dyeing another chassis in the near future.

RC Qualifier

King headz motor mount. Iv had the strc motor mount and also the hr motor mount. King headz is still my favorite. Although for the difference in price the strc might be better for some people. It's a quality item for less then the king headz.

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to be running a mamba monster 2 with a castle 2650 motor. I need to order some .8 mod pinions and would like some gearing options for my pinion from those that have run this combo.

I'm running the robinson racing gen3 slipper with the 54t steel spur gear so please take that into consideration.

I'll be ordering my pinions either from robinson racing or rcmonster. Iv used rcmonster pinions before with great success. Very strong. If you have not tried their pinions I recommend you do.

Also my mamba monster 2 nor my traxxas mamba esc mount came with the screws to attach the on off switch to the mount. Does anyone know what size they are so I can pick some up?
    Last edited by CoreyM; 05-04-2014 at 11:50 AM.

RC Champion
    I don't know the size off hand, but it seems I have these types of screws kicking around my parts bins, most times.

RC Qualifier
    How bout gearing viper? You have the same combo. What's the gearing you have preferred? Remember 54t spur for me.

RC Qualifier
    How bout gearing viper? You have the same combo. What's the gearing you have preferred? Remember 54t spur for me.
    I would start at 18 for general usage and then go up for speed....this is what I run on my slashes using the same motor as yourself.....that's using 3s lipo's...

RC Champion
    Simon nailed it, I use a 18/54 mainly. The 2650 can handle it.

RC Qualifier
    Doesn't this motor perform best on 4s lipo?

RC Qualifier
    I've read that 3s is it's sweet spot..and I run mostly on 3s which is great for me and my son..I have run on 4s occasionally and it's awesome power

RC Qualifier

Mip x-duty drive shafts on all four corners. Mip 17mm wheel conversion as well

RC Qualifier

Hot racing sway bar set. Only got it cause of the color. Lol. Otherwise I would have got the traxxas one.

RC Qualifier

T-bone front and rear bumpers.

RC Qualifier

Some odds and ends rpm stuff added throughout. (Rod ends, bulkhead etc..)

RC Champion
    Good stuff!

I have the T-Bone front and rear bumpers as well, but don't run them. Maybe one day if I'm bored

RC Racer

Question T-bone front and rear bumpers

T-bone front and rear bumpers.
    CoreyM,
    Does the T-bone front bumper act in anyway similar to a splitter in that it protrudes from the body enough to create any aero downforce?

RC Qualifier
    It does stick out a little. But not sure if it's gonna creat downforce or not.

RC Qualifier
    Been out for a couple test runs. 17/54 is my gearing on 3s lipo. It's moving pretty quick. I don't have gps so can't give accurate speed readings. Can't wait to try 4s.

Just was out front of my house. I gotta find a bigger area with smother pavement. It sits so low that any real bumps (pot holes etc) make me bottom out. I'm just testing it out so it needs to be dialed in but I must say the spektrum avc makes this thing a treat to drive. Also it just sticks to the pavement.

RC Champion
    It does stick out a little. But not sure if it's gonna creat downforce or not.
    Yeah, very little if any, I suspect.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys, it doesn't take much of a lip. The front splitters on a real car in scale aren't likely to be much bigger than the tbone.
    What I'm finding though is that keeping air moving under the body and chassis is more important to stability.

RC Qualifier

Some rpm odds and end. Rod ends, front bulkhead etc..
    Also lunsford rods and pins and 17mm hex adapters by MIP

RC Qualifier

Savox 1258tg with a spektrum glitch buster to avoid any brown outs.

RC Qualifier

Castle creations mamba monster 2 with a castle 2650 motor provides the power.

RC Qualifier

Robinson racing gen3 slipper clutch with 54t steel spur gear as well as the tekno big bone center drive shaft and the axis chassis brace.

RC Qualifier

Spektrum avc rx to increase stability and control. Never tried these so I'm excited to see how it works. Obviously this isn't for everyone or every application but figured it might suit me well. It being a street car with the power system it has running 3s and 4s I thought this might work great.

Also a bunch of .8 mod 5mm bore pinions to run.