Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPM Revolvers

RC Qualifier

RPM Revolvers

I want to replace my Proline Desperato's and Trenchers to RPM 17mm Revolver's.
    I want the Stablemaxx. I could only find these at Towerhobbies.com
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVCA3&P=SM
    Are these the right ones or not?
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    looks like you found the right ones, RPM only makes 3.2 Revolver on 14mm or 17mm from what I've seen.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by skmfkr View Post
    I took this part number onto Towerhobbies.com and in the info it states that these are 3.4 rims. Not 3.2.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

Quote Originally Posted by ramflames View Post
    I took this part number onto Towerhobbies.com and in the info it states that these are 3.4 rims. Not 3.2.
    When both the outside diameter of a wheel and the inside diameter of a tire would be exactly the same, the tire would not stay on the wheel.
    It's sort of the same with a nut and bolt. The inside diameter of the nut is smaller than the outside diameter of the bolt.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    Rpm's site say they're 3.4 rims with a 3.2 bead so im thinkin most any 3.2 tire would fit. I could be wrong. My 2.2 stablemaxx took a good bit of the roll over factor out but i think the grippy super swampers put it right back.

RC Qualifier
    I got mine from eBay also. Might have been the same seller too. The stablemaxx are great. Are you going to run the 2.8 tires? It's well worth the investment. No more stripped hexes and way more options with 17mm. I have trenchers and the grip is awesome and they wear very evenly. I have about 50/50 on road and off. Still look new after dozens of battery packs.

RC Qualifier
    yeah i stripped my desperados for my street fighters, so im gonna use the rpm wheels for those. i will eventually get some more to put my mashers on. they are all 2.8 tires

Nice to see you are going 17mm Ram I am going to use up the last of my 12mm wheels and then I going 17mm all the way dude........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    So, I just finished ordering my RPM Revolver wheels, Proline Masher's, MIP 17mm adaptors, and a Kings Head motor mount. I'm going to go to Lowe's and get some Gorilla Tape. Now I get to watch my Tracking numbers That I don't have yet for delivery status.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Nice choices!!!

That's some quality parts dude looking forward to seeing it all together.......peace

RC Qualifier
    I still don't have any tracking numbers. I'm not a patience person. One trait I don't like about myself. O'Well.
    I also ordered Traxxas Aluminun front caster blocks, Traxxas Blue Wheelie bar wheels. I wanted the LED kit, but It was out of stock.
    Last edited by ramflames; 04-28-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

Dude with the traxxas wheelie bar wheels don't forget to put a tiny amount of ca glue on the inside of the rubber tyres to stop them coming off I lost my first set in a big cartwheel crash and could not find them so when I got my second set that's what I did and they never came off again......peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Dude with the traxxas wheelie bar wheels don't forget to put a tiny amount of ca glue on the inside of the rubber tyres to stop them coming off I lost my first set in a big cartwheel crash and could not find them so when I got my second set that's what I did and they never came off again......peace

Thank you Spennie. I had no idea that there was an issue. Two of three orders are suppose to arrive tomorrow. Unfortuanatly for me. I work late on Thursday's and I have to help out my Farther in-law after work. Ugh!!!!!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

Yeah I found out the hard way but once you have ca glued them your good to go and no more scraping noises when wheeling like a boss dude.......peace

RC Qualifier
    So, I got most of my loot today, Still waiting on my Kingz Head motor mount.

Let the fun begin!!!!!!

Question? There are no breath holes in the rims. Should I make some? How big and how many?
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    I prefer to just vent the tires. On Trencher 2.8"s, every 7th center lug. Unless you are taping the tires, then just 2 small 1/8" or so holes 180 from each other on the rim. Just don't get them wet!
    Last edited by briandee; 05-01-2014 at 08:44 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I am taping the tires. So I will drill the holes. Thank you Briandee.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Competitor
    Are there any 2.8 tires you can put on the 3.2 stablemaxx revolvers that don't require the outer bead to be ground down on the wheels or the tires cut? I think I read the imex all t wide will, but can't seem to find them for sale anywhere?

Ram looking forward to seeing all those sick new parts on the truck bro.........peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekcarccm View Post
    Are there any 2.8 tires you can put on the 3.2 stablemaxx revolvers that don't require the outer bead to be ground down on the wheels or the tires cut? I think I read the imex all t wide will, but can't seem to find them for sale anywhere?
    2.8 won't work without cutting. I found some 3.2 tires that might work http://www.rcplanet.com/HPI_Tires_Bu...FUpp7Aod_j8AGw

I also saw some on eBay. The reason for using 2.8 tires is to keep the OD under 5" and to keep a low profile sidewall
    Last edited by skmfkr; 05-02-2014 at 12:40 PM.

RC Competitor
    Thanks skmfkr. Looks like these similar tires also have the lower profile too keeping the outer diameter under 5". http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...5&I=LXCJCX&P=K

RC Qualifier
    you could go bigger than 5" but it looks a little funny to me and you would need to gear down.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, Question? With MIP 17mm Adaptors, Unlike wheel nuts that have nylon in the end threads of the nut. Should I use Blue Loctite on the axle shaft threads to prevent the MIP nuts from coming off.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Champion
    yes

or there isn't a way they are going to stat on
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

+1 it saves trying to find them every time you squeeze the throttle dude.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Good to know. Now I have to go get some Blue Loctite. I had some. can't find it. Only can find my Red Loctite.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Just a quick question since your taking about the revolvers has anyone put the 2.8 badlands on them I have a set laying around thought about getting the revolvers and giving it a whirl.

RC Qualifier
    Tonight I blue Loctited the wheel nuts. Tomorrow I will finally get too run my truck. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    How did u trim the wheel? I still haunt done mine cuz I'm not sure how others have successfully done it

RC Qualifier
    How did u trim the wheel? I still haunt done mine cuz I'm not sure how others have successfully done it
    I started out using a Dremel tool with the barrel sanding discs. This worked, But I went through a lot of barrel dics. I switch to an angle grinder that I locked into a bench vise and zip tied the lever down to run the tool hands free. Later, my son told me I could lock the handle without a zip tie. Oh well. This worked well and fast.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Hmm that's kinda what I was thinking more neighbor has a bench grinder

RC Qualifier
    So, I was washing my tires and rims after a great weekend of thrashing at camp. I found a 5/16" hole in one of my Masher's. I've read here on the forum of people using a hole punch through the tires tread to make a breather hole. But, this is not a clean cut hole, and I drilled the rims so I don't need a breather hole in the tire. Since the tires are new, 3 battery packs, I don't want to give up on them. Since they are taped. I put tire glue in the hole, then covered it with Shoe Goo. I'll let you know if it holds up.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    there was a a thread on here i saw today that some ppl used ca glue to patch holes in tires

RC Qualifier
    Yeah. Tire glue, Is CA glue. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it works. I'm wondering if a small tree branch is the cause of the hole. It's hard telling not knowing. Oh well.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    So, Last weekend. I had another Masher Tire tear. I glued the other two and they are holding up. But this one, the Gorilla tape came out through the hole. I Emailed Proline. I have two sets of new Mashers on the way free of charge. That is Great customer service. Tonight I boiled the one tire to remove it from the rim to replace the tire. I found that my rim is cracked. COME ON! These upgrades are causing just as many problems as before the upgrades.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    U must have got in a serious crash to crack that rim or maybe when u were grinding them down u grinded too far anyway that stinks
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakary View Post
    U must have got in a serious crash to crack that rim or maybe when u were grinding them down u grinded too far anyway that stinks
    No crashes. But I was driving it up a tree and back flipping it back to the ground. Also, The gorilla tape came off that tire and spit out the hole which, unbalanced that wheel. It's hard telling not knowing. I do know that I didn't over grind them down. I'm not too worried about the rim it this time. I glued it, with tire glue. Once I glue the tire back on, (have to wait for my tire foam to dry out.) I believe that tire will hold it together. The rims are only $9.99 a pair from Tower Hobbies. The Next time I place an order, I'll get another set.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    I did this

Turned out great

Hmm that's strange that they would just crack like that mine have held up to many high speed crashes maybe u got a bad batch
    Is it fast enough? No, no it isn't.