RC Competitor

Converting a T to an E-maxx! Inout appreciated

Hi all,
    So, after two engines and a lot of frustrations I've had enough and am converting!
    Final straw was when I bought a slash, the Tmaxx 2.5 hasnt been used since.

What I would like is opinions on what to buy to convert it?

I've just bought an flm chassis and motor mount. Included are the chassis braces, and centre shafts.
    my tmaxx already has the brushless cvd driveshafts, 17mm adaptors, ACNC bulkheads, tmaxx 3.3 steering setup and RPM arms.

Thinking of the following to finish it off but open to suggestions!?

- new waterproof esc and motor from emaxx brushless
    - emaxx brushless gearbox
    - single hitec waterproof servo
    - emaxx transmitter and receiver. (Not interested in tqi)
    - emaxx receiver box.
    - emaxx brushless pinion and spur

Most of the above will be from Dollarhobbyz or eBay.
    Anything I'm missing, or will this get me up and running?

I'm in New Zealand, so everything will have to be online, and take a lonng time to get here, and cost an arm and a leg.... lesson learned

Thanks,
    Tonda

RC Champion
    Sounds like you got it pretty well covered but theres always some little thing you forget. Only thing I see missing is some batteries and charger. A couple 2-cell lipo batteries would be good. I have never really done a conversion though so there might be something im not thinking about. Dollar hobbys is a pretty good place to get all that stuff too.
    Some ue ultralite diff cases and 6-spyder diffs would be really sweet but pricey too. Something other than stock shock towers would be a must on my list.

RC Champion
    In the diffs do not forget to change the 5381 diff carrier cup to the 3978, The brush-less systems have a strong diff with the I bar.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    In the diffs do not forget to change the 5381 diff carrier cup to the 3978, The brush-less systems have a strong diff with the I bar.
    Thanks Jezza, I didnt know that. Will add to wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    Sounds like you got it pretty well covered but theres always some little thing you forget. Only thing I see missing is some batteries and charger. A couple 2-cell lipo batteries would be good. I have never really done a conversion though so there might be something im not thinking about. Dollar hobbys is a pretty good place to get all that stuff too.
    Some ue ultralite diff cases and 6-spyder diffs would be really sweet but pricey too. Something other than stock shock towers would be a must on my list.
    Thanks emaxxb! Ive got a reasonable 1amp charger and 2 2s batteries from my slash, might buy two 3s's to switch between them..

Shocktowers, shouldve got some flms. Will wait till I break em haha

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-24-2014 at 08:22 AM.

RC Champion
    Yep,the brushless diffs are a little stronger. Keep in mind (2) 3-cell batteries are tough on parts. Especially the diffs and shafts. I find a couple 2-cells is plenty for bashing around my yard. And still has plenty of power to pretty much wheelie on demand. You can run 5s too as long as both 2 and 3 cell batts have the same mah and c rating.

RC Qualifier
    Brushless motor plate and cover, Steel Center drive shafts, Brushless diffs, might as well buy them whole as you will have the 3 screw diffs in a 2.5. Your Axles arent going to last long either. I take it you have the 4 spline axles as opposed to the multi spline ones as found on the 3.3.

I Really dont want to burst your bubble but seriously, unless you are looking for the project I would sell the 2.5 as it is and buy a brushed Emaxx and sell the brushed running gear to buy the BL stuff. Realistically all you are going to be using from the Tmaxx is the bulkheads and shock towers. The Castle BL gear will systematically eat its way through the Tmaxx running gear.
    " TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by murdermaxx View Post
    Brushless motor plate and cover, Steel Center drive shafts, Brushless diffs, might as well buy them whole as you will have the 3 screw diffs in a 2.5. Your Axles arent going to last long either. I take it you have the 4 spline axles as opposed to the multi spline ones as found on the 3.3.

I Really dont want to burst your bubble but seriously, unless you are looking for the project I would sell the 2.5 as it is and buy a brushed Emaxx and sell the brushed running gear to buy the BL stuff. Realistically all you are going to be using from the Tmaxx is the bulkheads and shock towers. The Castle BL gear will systematically eat its way through the Tmaxx running gear.
    I've Got an FLM motor mount and steel centre driveshafts on order.
    I already have erevo axles. I am looking for a project (winters coming) and selling a used tmaxx in NZ, I'll be lucky to get anything for it.
    Importing a brand new emaxx will cost me a fortune in shipping, and import duty.
    I have done the math, and this will be cheaper with better parts.
    If I was in the states, different story, it'd be summer coming and it's so much cheer there!!

RC Qualifier
    Right, I see. Didnt realise you were in Oz. ( lucky soul )

Get yourself some complete brushless diffs, the 2.5 diffs dont have the same internals so the newer cups wont fit properly. Use your 2.5 bulks and shock towers for now and you will be needing the T Maxx 3.3 / E Maxx suspension arms and axle carriers. You will also be needing the front and rear turnbuckles. Unless you are going for the RPM Truetrack rear conversion which is awsome by the way. No more rear turnbuckles to rip out. I would say go for the RPM front arms too. I have only ever managed to break 1 of those in 8 years of skatepark 1/4 pipe ramping.
    " TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!