Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoeP View Post
    Snowfighter post a pic when you get it done. I always like gettin ideas and seeing them when they're still nice and shiny.
    I will but it is going to be a week or so.I have another spiderweb stencil and a few other diff. stencils. Turkey season opens here in NH tomorrow . I have the week off from work to try to bag me a gobbler.
    Last edited by snowfighter; 05-02-2014 at 05:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanksgiving in may.... sounds delicious to me.

Mmm turkeys are very tasty dude I wish you could bag me one.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    Off topic.... but, there's a rafter of wild turkeys that live in the forest behind my house. I hear them purring often early in the morning, and in the evening around dusk.

I've only seen a few of them here or there, never altogether though. Judging by their sound, there has to be at least 25 or more in the rafter.

Anyway..... I'm diggin' this thread. My original p4de body is about to give up the ghost, and I see a lot of great options here!

RC Qualifier
    Think outside the box when going for your next body quinsdad. The stampede specific bodies in my opinion dont fit well. Wheelwells dont match up. I have found that other 1/10 bodies like the 67 ford fseries by parma and the 57 chevy truck which i think was parma too fit better and look better with the wheelwells actually lining up. Im pretty confident i can make pretty much any body fit the mounts by either reversing mounts or puttin another front one on the back or like baldy did get some monster jam mounts. The difference in length of these 2 bodies is only 2 inches but it makes a big difference in look. The light blue is the pede specific 72 chevy and the greenish one is the 67 ford.I dont know maybe im tryin to make my pede look more scale instead of a monster truck which is what its supposed to be. I just like seein guys come up with something different like baldy did on his thread with that camaro body. Gobble gobble...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by roscoeP; 05-03-2014 at 06:08 PM.

RC Competitor
    I hear you mean. That 67 Ford body is schaweet. You did a super job. Really, really looks good.

I might cheat on my first one, and get the Son-Uva-Digger body. Partly because my 6yr old has Gravedigger, partly because I really dig older trucks, partly because I've already gone with a blue theme on my p4de and that body would match up nicely, and mostly.... I just think it looks tough.

For the first one I paint myself, I'm going to keep looking around until I find something..... distinct.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the compliment. That ford is color changing paint. Yea, any digger body is definately cool. Kids just love my digger summit. Distinct... thats what i like to hear. Make sure you post a pic of any body you get. Painting bodies is one creative part of this awesome hobby that i enjoy the most. Here's the monster digger.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by roscoeP; 05-04-2014 at 07:11 AM.

RC Competitor
    Wow. That body on the summit is nuts. Those tires are HUGE. Very cool.

As far as painting a body, the last one I painted was my Tamiya Falcon when I was 12yrs old..... I'm 40 now, lol

Unlike yourself, the painting is not something I enjoy, unfortunately. I'm more mechanically inclined. I build mini bikes and go karts with my boys, so the wrenching part of the RC hobby is what I enjoy most.

I'll definitely post up pics of whatever I get, and paint for a body though.... no matter how it looks when I'm done

Thanks for the encouragement!

RC Qualifier
    I wish i was more mechanically inclined. I have to watch YouTube videos alot of the time to help me. Lack of mechanical knowledge is why i have electric instead of nitro among other reasons. I cant tune an engine to save my life, at least small ones, my Norton 850 commando runs like a beast thanks to my motorhead friend. Looking forward to seeing anything youve got coming. Mechanical father son bonding is awesome, wish i had a son. Guess my nephew will have to do.

I too prefer the mechanical side because I am not very good at painting but still have a go and think I am getting better the more I try and I think my son is going to be like my self even though hes only 2 1/2 years old but hes wants to know how things work......peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I too prefer the mechanical side because I am not very good at painting but still have a go and think I am getting better the more I try and I think my son is going to be like my self even though hes only 2 1/2 years old but hes wants to know how things work......peace
    Good to see yer bringin em up right spennie. Any luck on the pics. I was thinkin about makin a vid on how to post pics on android for ya. If you want me to i will.

If you could that would be epic man because I had no trouble with the laptop but that broke due to my son accidentally broke the screen so all I have at the moment is the kindle fire HD.....peace

RC Qualifier
    here you go spennie. Share button is second from the left. i went by that a little quick in my vid. any questions pm me.

RC Qualifier
    Just looked at my last post and vid is there but no audio. Spennie search "android pic post" on YouTube. My vid is the one by Jeremy. Again any questions pm me.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoeP View Post
    I wish i was more mechanically inclined. I have to watch YouTube videos alot of the time to help me. Lack of mechanical knowledge is why i have electric instead of nitro among other reasons. I cant tune an engine to save my life, at least small ones, my Norton 850 commando runs like a beast thanks to my motorhead friend. Looking forward to seeing anything youve got coming. Mechanical father son bonding is awesome, wish i had a son. Guess my nephew will have to do.
    I have an electric RC vs gas for many reasons. Noise is the biggest. My neighbors are probably annoyed enough with the sounds of us buzzing around on our bikes/karts. Plus, I'm an industrial electrician by trade, so that part of it comes naturally. I was a mechanic (also industrial) before electrician, so that's where the mechanical background comes from.

And yes, doing all of this stuff with my boys is awesome. Give me one more excuse to keep being a kid for as long as I can
    If you could that would be epic man because I had no trouble with the laptop but that broke due to my son accidentally broke the screen so all I have at the moment is the kindle fire HD.....peace
    If you're on Android, maybe just use tapatalk? I use it exclusively when browsing forums on my phone/tablet. I only use chrome for forums on my lappy.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lkpro.activity

How do I get my photos from the camera to the kindle so I can post them guys???.......peace

RC Competitor
    Each kindle has an email address that you can send files to...but I'm afraid that means you already would have the pictures on a PC, and you could just upload them from there, but since your computer is broken that won't work. Maybe just retake them with the kindle camera?
    p4de
    LaTrax Rally
    Stampede 2x4
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Competitor
    Ah... forgot the pics weren't on the tablet. I use stickmount to transfer files directly from portable media to my devices, but the devices need root permission.... and since you're asking about more basic tasks, I'm going to assume your tablet is not rooted.

If by chance it is, you can use any card reader with micro USB to plug directly into the tablet/phone/etc and just copy/paste. Just in case you are rooted....
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ire.stickmount

Yeah the kindle has no camera so I will look through my bag of cables and see if I can get this sortedthanks people.........peace

RC Competitor
    Yeah the kindle has no camera...
    My wife has a kindle fire HDX, kind of thought that the HD had a camera too...
    p4de
    LaTrax Rally
    Stampede 2x4
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    Just did a little research on the kindle fire hd spennie, i didnt realize it didnt have a camera. It says it has a usb 2.0 port. I think that's gonna be the way you get your camera linked to it. If you dont have a cord i would suggest ebay instead of your local electronics store as you will probably pay considerably more for it at the store, thats the way it is in the US anyway. When you get that cord.....if I'm visualizing this right.....remember YouTube is your friend when it comes to how to get pics from camera to kindle. Good luck. I know yer dyin to show off that ford body.

I will pick one up off eBay when I get paid on the end of the week and then let the pictures flow........peace and thank you guy's