Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Stampede 4x4 body ideas

Im sure this idea has been gone over and over but im thinking about a new body for my pede and i need some inspiration. If you guys could post some pics of cool bodies you've done that would be great. Specifically muscle car bodies as that might be the route im going next unless someone gives me a good idea on a truck. Here's a few of mine. Maybe i might inspire someone else.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Enthusiast
    looking to find a good body for my vxl somthing other than a ford lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede power View Post
    looking to find a good body for my vxl somthing other than a ford lol
    Chevy Silverado crew cab from proline is good

Sent from my neXus⁴ using tapatalk 2
    <P4de VXL|Castle 3800kv|MM2|MIP|STRC|Proline|SPC>

RC Competitor
    I generally dislike the available bodies that are meant for the Pede. The bodies are too short, the wheel wells never line up, and in general never look that they fit. I took a page from Jang's book and am currently running an HPI Nitro MX-1 body and plan to purchase an HPI Bullet MT body next. Here's a pic of the body when it was mounted to my P2de.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Absolutely right VMX12R about the stampede specific bodies not looking right. A perfect example of this is the first body i posted in this thread, its the 72 chevy just for the pede. The other 3 are for 1/10 rc's and the wheel wells line up so much better and dont look like they were shoehorned on. That mx-1 fits well and looks good. Nice to see something besides the same old same old. What kind of front bumper is that?
    Last edited by roscoeP; 04-22-2014 at 05:17 AM.

The proline 1950s chevy body fits well but I don't use the selected body dimples I have mine a few millimeters closer to the front bumper and it looks better and the wheels matches up with the wheelbase a lot more......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Still no luck with the pics spennie? Lets see that 50's chevy.

Ok dude I will pm you tomorrow but my 1950s chevy is on page 5 between posts 171-172 my 11 year old daughter helped me with the flames but I need you to help me show my ford f100 body shell off......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    The front bumper is a RPM one for the Slash. Here are some pics of the MX-1 mounted to my Stampede 4x4. Also with my well loved and worn Proline Hummer H2. I really like the Hummer body, but the front bumper lines up with front axle. Really? You'd think that Proline could see this issue and just add an inch to the length to make it look right.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    With a stampede specific body like the hummer body that bumper looks like its out in no mans land. That bumper does look like it would work perfectly with my general lee though, ill have to look into that.

RC Qualifier
    I must agree. I have a 72 Chevy , 50 Chevy, 66 Ford F100, Baja Bug, Hummer. I dislike the newer Chevy and Ford bodies. I would LOVE to see and have some new and old Dodge Ram bodies. Older Power Wagon bodies. We need a bigger selection of Stampede specific bodies, plus have better fitment. PROLINE, PARMA, HPI, ARE YOU LISTENING? HINT, HINT!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Ramflames you mentioned a powerwagon body. I would love to have one of those. I found a pic online but cant seem to find it for sale anywhere. I think its proline and they have discontinued it. Why proline why?
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoeP View Post
    Ramflames you mentioned a powerwagon body. I would love to have one of those. I found a pic online but cant seem to find it for sale anywhere. I think its proline and they have discontinued it. Why proline why?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Wow that body is just amazing! I would have loved to get one like that!

RC Qualifier
    Count me in on the Powerwagon body!

To my knowledge that's the discontinued Pro-line body for the E-Maxx, part #3138-00. Probably too long wheelbase for the P4de?

RC Qualifier
    Man if anyone knows where to obtain that powerwagon body please chime in. I would make it fit one of my trucks, just gorgeous. Check out this dodge body. I found it on another rc site. The guy said he made it out of sheets of styrene and lots of styrene cement. Whaaaat???? Wish i could pick that guys brain on how he actually did it but the thread is 3 years old. Anyone made their own body? If so how?
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Wow that's an awesome body! I modified a dodge body from a cheap rc truck, made it fit on my stampede and it looks great, I love it

I am a big dodge fan

RC Qualifier
    Wow that ram body looks sweet! Wheelbase looks perfect. My 1:1 pickup is a dodge dakota so im a big dodge fan too. Not too many dodge rc truck bodies out there. Is that from a new bright? I would love a dodge body, tell me about it.
    Last edited by roscoeP; 04-23-2014 at 05:14 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoeP View Post
    Wow that ram body looks sweet! My 1:1 pickup is a dodge dakota so im a big dodge fan too. Not too many dodge rc truck bodies out there. Is that from a new bright? I would love a dodge body, tell me about it.
    I think the brand is sector 7, it used to be a dodge rammunation body, but I removed the stickers and windshield, there was also a scale looking cab with seats and all but I had to remove it to make it fit. The original truck it's from is something I got that someone else was throwing away but it used to be sold at radioshack. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to help

RC Racer
    Here's a pic I just found on google of the original truck

RC Qualifier
    Ok, with the stickers i realize that ive seen that body before. Taking off the stickers looks so much better. Gonna have to look for a used ramminator or rammunition. Got to lookin on youtube for styrene body builds. Takes alot of time and talent but i think i might be up for it. Here's a couple more from that guy that did the 77 dodge. I was looking for inspiration and i got it. Cant hardly believe he made them himself with sheets of styrene.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Wow those body look really nice, and so real, I wish I could build one my self ! Maybe some day if I can get more spare time...

RC Qualifier
    Me too. Looks like my body building has entered a whole new realm. Next stop is hobby lobby for sheets of styrene. Probably gonna take months and i hope to build something that looks half as good as those. I thought i was being creative with the rusty bodies ive done. My creativity level will be tested!

RC Qualifier
    Before that build im planning an rc pulling sled like in tractor pulls for my summit. This too will be a good challenge with the reduction gearing and what not. Got some stock to work with today. When ive got that completed ill go get some styrene. Still gonna look for ram body though.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Wow, this thread blew up in one day. Of course Proline USED to make a Powerwagon. Figures that it was for an Emaxx, etc. I'm going to send them an E-mail. Those styrene bodies are AMAZING! I wish I had the patience, skill, tools, ability to build suck works of art. I too Drive a 1:1 Dodge Ram. I've had it for 12 years and still going strong.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Racer
    I think there is still a dodge body available for the emaxx but I'm not sure. wow there are a lot of people here with dodge trucks hehe my dad owns a 97 ram and I drive it sometimes, I just love it! I wish I could afford to own one myself, maybe when I get older lol I really wish proline made dodge bodys for the stampede too because I'm not going to use mine for bashing since if I break it I can't replace it...

RC Qualifier
    Hey ramflames tell them at proline if they need a petition signed its not a problem. I bet we could drum up enough interest. I made that charger body thats for an emaxx or tmaxx fit my pede so thats not a problem. Ive had my 1994 dodge dakota since it was new and i still love it. GO DODGE!!!! Good thinkin Martin, dont bash that thing too hard probably going to be a hard to get body in the future.
    Last edited by roscoeP; 04-23-2014 at 07:07 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, So, I sent the E-mail and included a link to this thread. I'll let you all know if I get a response.

Proline, if you are reading this. Dodge Ram, Dodge Ram, Dodge ram for Stampede!!!!!! Hint Hint Hint!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    RoscoeP, in your first post. The third pic, is that a ford body? Who makes this body?
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Sounds good ramflames. A dodge body with a wheelbase that matches the pede would be nice if you are listening proline. That 3rd body is a parma 1967 ford f series that i bought a paint for that i thought was a greenish color and then when i painted it i was pleasantly surprised to see that it was a chameleon paint. It goes from grey to pink to green depending on how the light hits it. I gotta take some pics of it out in the sunlight and post them. I flipped the front body post backwards to make it work.

RC Qualifier
    That's too funny. Check out my thread http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ansformed-P4de

The same thing happened to me with my 66 Ford F100. Scroll to the bottom of the first page.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Thats a good looking ford. Weird how pactra doesnt really tell you its a color changing paint. We should both take em out into the sun for a photo shoot to give em justice. Spaz stix prides itself on letting you know they're color changing. Ive always wanted to do a mirror chrome spaz stix body.

RC Qualifier
    You know, I haven't used my F100 body yet, nor have I brought it outside to check it out. It's dark out now. Now, I'll have to wait till tomorrow.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Thats too weird. I havent run my ford body either for some odd reason. After work tomorrow im gonna mount it run it and take pics in the sun.

RC Champion

Stampede 4x4 body ideas

There's a thread in the Alley about a new Proline Dodge Ram body:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9005576

I guess its a 4x4 Slash body...
    Last edited by OlorinTharkun; 04-23-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    I don't want to scratch it or bang it up. I have to have one body that look good for show. Plus this body was a Christmas gift from my son, so I want it to last awhile.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by OlorinTharkun View Post

Thanks for the lead Olorin. Im on the fence with that one. Im a big Dodge fan but that ram is so new looking. I usually lean more towards the old school bodies. Gonna have to give that one some thought.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by OlorinTharkun View Post

I like it! But it doesn't state what vehicle it is for.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Racer
    To me it looks a lot like a slash body, but I really like the look. I'm still not sure whether I like the newer or older ram looks lol maybe the older tho

RC Qualifier
    Just looked at it. Says its for slash 4x4 with extended body posts. I guess im too old school but between this
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And this. Theres no comparison. Old just has class.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Good to see any dodge body though.
    Last edited by roscoeP; 04-23-2014 at 08:22 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I like them Both if i had to choose one. I would get the Powerwagon. The older trucks make a statement. Love it!!!!!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede