Very well done mate .
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    Thanks I appreciate it!
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Competitor
    Looks good. Nice clean work.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I still need to finish one with an aluminum chassis and weigh it. The carbon fiber one weighs in at 6lbs without tires and using the lst diff mod.

RC Competitor
    I have been looking at the xo power servo,what do you think about them

RC Racer
    It's super power hungry. It canax out my mm2 internal bec easy. I'm using my old receiver pack from when it was nitro, just to power the servo. I used the factory splitter and with some small mods it works great for the money
    KCCO

RC Racer
    Just an update. I twisted off the shortened stock erbe center shafts while running on 4s . So I'm shortening short summit shafts and using 4 of the diff ends. When trying to install the rear shaft to my aluminum foc shaft, I found that the flat portion of the foc has twisted about .010" making it near impossible to install the summit shaft. Also, I'm waiting on some bearings to finish up my lst diffs with traxxas pinion.
    KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Well that is good to know...question though did you have an accident prior to twisting the shaft off?

RC Champion
    Love it. Nice.

RC Racer
    No, I had been curb jumping, then testing it's towing ability
    KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Well that is what happened then...How much were you able to tow before it let go? I bet the aluminum shaft would have been fine no towing. It was just the constant torque that tweaked it.

RC Racer
    Weight unknown. It was a Honda 200s 3 wheeler with no rider. The shaft only tweeked because of the plastic drive shaft yoke. The hole for the pin is where it twisted
    KCCO

RC Qualifier
    It twisted because of the torque put through drivetrain. The plastic gave up before it sheared the shaft at the pin hole. A metal one would have held a little longer but would have resulted in a complete breakage. That is still a lot of weight though.

RC poster
    I have an idea i will like your opinion on it. Have you ever considered using a XO1 chassis for the bottom plate? Maybe we can use the battery trays from the xo1 as well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by viro46 View Post
    I have an idea i will like your opinion on it. Have you ever considered using a XO1 chassis for the bottom plate? Maybe we can use the battery trays from the xo1 as well.
    Speaking on behalf, the XO-1 chassis would be hard/tricky to modify and the battery tray is not gonna work, your better off with your own design, start with blank aluminum plate and drill holes specifically base on your design.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |_________________ |

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by viro46 View Post
    I had actually considered using the lower plate but after I had one in my hands I though better of it. Yes it could be used but after you are finished modifying it would have more holes than Swiss cheese. Not to mention the only bolt holes that would be usable would be the motor mount holes. Because of the compact design of the Revo mounting everything on the tray gets really tight, especially with 2.5 and the 3.3 lengths. Using the length of the ERevo allows you to use the radio box from the XO-1 to get everything lower. But I found no advantage in using one over lowering the servo down with spacers. The whole point of the XO-1 project was to see if I could get most of the weight below axle height to lower the center of gravity. It actually worked way better than I could have expected and I learned a lot about the Revo suspension and the amazing potential it has.

One of my favorite tricks I can do with my LCG chassis is on demand traction roll. Yeah it might sound bad but it is not. It is able to pull enough Gs around a corner that it will drive on 2 wheels controllably. Now if you snap the steering into the corner a little more it will roll completely over without touching the ground and land back on the wheels 99% of the time. What can you do with this? say you are taking a corner a little to tight and are about to bite the board...crank the steering to flip it over and be a car width and a half away from the obstacle without loosing speed or needing a turn marshal to get you unstuck.

My biggest issue I am having right now is battery retention. I just haven't had the time to address the issue and build something that keeps the batteries centrally located. I am looking to build something similar to what SLW-SVT did with his Slayer but a little more integrated and only on one side.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5733038

It will get there eventually...one project at a time.

RC poster
    Looks good. I will be doing a XO-1 LCG Revo soon. Will post pictures as i go along.

RC poster

I have a new to me erevo that worked for a short time and is now awaiting parts. Lol I am impressed with all the very cool parts available for these cars.

I am pretty new to this hobby and found this awesome thread while researching mods I just have to make to my erevo.

Couple questions.

1. Where would one find the chassis you used? The only one I found was on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Revo...item27effa6ae3) with a buy it now price of $195.00. I was liking the way you were watching costs and this does not seem to fit.

2. Like I said, I'm new and not the best driver. Would a modified erevo with this setup be as strong as stock? I'm trying to do everything as durable as I can find.

3. I am interested in the parts for a kit if you feel it is as strong as a stock setup.
    Thanks in advance.

Craig

RC Qualifier
    The chassis I had purchased was from a Member here that had one they were not using and had messed up transmission holes. It is a rare item that used to help lighten the overall weight of the truck. When all done with extensive use of carbon fiber, ceramic bearings, plastic shock bodies, and aluminum parts it does get the truck down to 7lbs but it cost a good bit. For an all out race model though money is usually not an object if you want to win.

If you are being money conscious the setup can be built using the standard 3.3 REVO/slayer pro aluminum chassis. (TRA5322X)
    When built out of full aluminum or even adding in steel pieces the vehicle will be really strong as the chassis does not bend on the ends like in the regular E-REVO setup. It does end up being a heavier vehicle if built that way but the chassis ends will no longer be a weak spot. Currently as it sits now the vehicle will be shorter than the E-REVO by 30mm until I have the time to create an extended chassis using the 3.3 as a base. Just been too busy here lately with life to work on improving it.

To me the biggest advantage of the LCG setup is how it resists rolling over on a high-speed turns. If you want parts for a kit PM me and we will talk options.
    Last edited by afterdarkgames; 11-07-2014 at 10:43 AM.

RC poster
    Hey AfterDark, I will be forever grateful if you can help me with any CAD files you may have for the LCG conversion.

I'm building a LCG revo from the ground up and will be using the LST2 differentials. I'm having trouble with the center axles as the ERevo center CVDs don't fit in the Revo shorter chassis. I'll have to modify the diffs to accept standard Revo 3.3 plastic axles.

RC Qualifier
    You will have to use a shortened front plastic axle with the LST diffs and a part from Rc Monster.
    http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...coupler&cat=33
    It adapts the LST diffs to a regular Revo U-joint output. The only way you will be able to get a CVD in there is with a full custom creation as the "transmission" output is not in the stock location.

PM me your email address and let me know which chassis you are using and I will send you the CAD file for the chassis.

RC poster
    In regards to the LST2 diffs i already modified the output shafts on the differential pinion gear to accept the standard traxxas 6mm shafts so i will be using revo 3.3 shafts. I used a little lathe i have to modify it and it came out great. I will also bore the output shaft to accept the Pin screw standard to traxxas but i need a good drill bit as the LST2 shaft is a very hard alloy and the ones i keep getting at home depot just can't cut it.

I will take picture of the entire mod and post them here to help others.