RC Racer

Maby buy new emaxx non waterproof, questions about that and battery

Hi. I got 20% off the price to a brand new emaxx. It not stand the model number on the page but it came with mamba monster 2200kv and 2x nimh 3300mh.

Could this be the latest model before waterproof edition?
    Is it differences between waterproof and this non waterproof other than esc?

I also need to now how long the truck will last with nimh battery, and with 2 s batteries around 5000mh?

My plan is to keep it on nimh or 4s lipo, will it take wheelie on command with just hitting the trottle?
    Can someone tell me the difference of stock emaxx on 4s vs stampede 4x4 vxl on 2s?

I will keep it to 2s and just bash it, will save the 6s for later because i have reed alot that it cant handle it.
    But it is solid like a tank on 4s?

Any week parts that i should order on the same delivery?

Very happy for all help i could get :-)

RC Champion
    Yes .The diff. between the two is the esc.Waterproof esc is blue.Model # 39095. vs 3908. non waterproof
    Your run time will be about 15min. or so with Nihm batteries. 2 2S 5000mah Lipos should last 30 35 min. Then again it all depends how heavy your finger is.Just make sure you use the same to lipos. Meaning same age,mah and c rating.
    Wheelie on command.Depends batteries,slipper clutch adjustment and how you have the ESC set up with the Castle Link. Like punch control ect. My two pennies worth.

Forgot with the 39085 model you also get the Real time telemetry all set up in the truck and a plug for ipod or smart phone on the controller. Once you down load the traxxas app. I use it Really cool.
    Last edited by snowfighter; 04-20-2014 at 07:16 AM.

RC Racer
    Thank you! I have heard that nimh in series get hot?
    I understand, the truck do wheelies make it fun so we not need 6s to get it up :-)

Is it only the two water proof and non waterproof of the emaxx brushless or could i get a older modell?
    Do you think i get a good deal and get 20% off the price or should i pay more and get the waterproof?
    I dont need to use it when its rain, but it easy to drive trough a littlebit of water after a rainday..

RC Champion
    Well i really like the new e maxx. Waterproof,real time telemetry is cool.
    6s is real hard on parts. 4s is plenty for bashing and doing wheelies.

RC Champion
    Ray. You can go to the products page and see all the features the new E-Maxx has.
    Worth the extra coin. Yes IMO.

RC Racer
    Yes, so its more things that new than the waterproof esc? I cant find the old emaxx on the traxxas page so i can see both and whats the difference except from esc.. I agree, as long it take wheelie its have enough power to be fun :-)

RC Racer
    I see the new one have sensor and docking also.. Its a lot for the money.

RC Racer
    I have a emaxx now, i have removed the plastic cover on the gearbox, that one you must remove to find the motor gear, it was little bit of oil on the motorplate and at the plastic cover, remove it and run 2-3 times and now it is oil there again, its that normal? Also got a low dry beep sound when all the tires goes around, but when the gears stand still when i roll the tires in the air its no dry sound.. I only hear it when the truck roll and have maby 1-3 mph.

Anyone got a idea what that is and the little oil leak on the motorplate?