RC Racer

Thinking if a Rally

There is a used one I have my eye on going pretty cheap, around $300aud.

Some questions;
    Firstly, are owners happy with it ?
    Am I right to assume it is the same chassis as a LCG slash 4x4 ?
    Are most of the other parts common aswell ? Like shocks for example. Towers, A- arms etc
    Are the slash wheels/tyres compatible with the rally ? I don't like the stock wheels so want to change them out.

It's mostly for off-road use. Similar sort of terrain as a slash. Short grass, dirt, gravel.

Thank you.

RC Champion
    Yes, the Rally and Slash LCG is essentially the same vehicle. The difference being the bumpers, body mounting posts, tires and wheels. Any parts for the Slash Ultimate 4x4 will fit the Rally, and vice versa.

I'm pretty happy with mine, when it was a Rally, but that was short lived and was converted over to a GT8 On road. I'm currently building a Rally again, just for that style of car. Trucks aren't really my thing, but GT and Sedans are

RC Racer
    yes i've seen yours. its unbelievable. lol i doubt im ever gonna get a car looking that good. well outside my skill level !!

i assume then with proline bodymounts, the flotek body for the slash will fit on it ?

RC Champion
    Thanks, and sure you can do it

Yes, with a body mount kit from Proline, TRX, any Slash body will fit the Rally.

RC Racer
    Thanks viperz

RC Champion
    No Probs, hope you join the camp

RC Racer
    Just picked it up this evening. $250AUD. Runs slow compared to my slash. screaming its head off while running hard so I guess that's either a blown slipper at worst or poorly adjusted at least. It could have also be from a stripped spur I suppose. Will find out tomorrow when I pull it apart. I assume it runs 54/13 stock gearing ? Otherwise looks excellent.

RC Champion
    Hmm, sounds like it could be that... Good luck with it!

Awesome that you got one!

RC Racer
    Yep, stripped spur gear. And the pinion was so tight against the spur gear the amount of resistance and drag was slowing it down. slipper clutch was also a full 2 turns loose ! lol Adjusted the slipper, replaced the spur gear which I had a spare of, backed off the pinion gear. Works perfect. That's the speed I was looking for. I guess the seller just couldn't figure out what was wrong with it so let it go cheap. The parts alone would be worth more than that in Australia.

Now to find some nicer looking off road wheels and a body. Mine is green with the green wheels and I don't like it much.

RC Qualifier
    That's great you've got it sorted.....although I don't have a rally I'm really not digging the wheels supplied with them...they are rather toy like for me....ofna do some excellent choices of wheels that look pretty awesome....they are 1/8th scale and you would need 17mm hex adapters....

RC Racer
    May I ask what the advantage is of the 17mm hex adapters ? Is that just to be able to fit the larger wheels ? Don't understand the offsets applied here if someone can help. If I put the adapters on will I then be able to fit say the erevo wheels/tyres on ?

RC Champion
    Its mainly to run the 1/8 buggy wheels which have a lower profile, thus lighter and stiffer sidewalls for increased handling. Offsets are primarily the same as the regular 2.2/30 wheels, depending on the wheels. I have not ran into an issue with any 1/8 buggy wheel with a wrong offset, yet.

Yes, you will be able to run E-Revo wheels, but they will stick out due to the size and offsets