RC Racer

1/16 summit vs 1/16 e revo

Hi i just got a 1/16 e revo in a trade and im thinking about converting it to a 1/16 summit. and i was wondering whats the differance between the two other the tires bumpers and bodies?

RC Qualifier
    Technically the rear arms are different between the two but they're pretty close. The rockers are different as well. The gearing is 16/50 as opposed to 28/50 on the merv. Merv driveshafts are different but many switch to those from summit shafts, so don't change those. There are some others but those are the major ones.

Really I would change bodies and rockers, and adjust gearing. The main difference to me is the rockers, if you change those you get the summits travel. After that if you want something different then change that too.
    1/16 Summit beadlocks with 2.2 rock lizards

RC Qualifier
    Oh also the body posts are different.

RC Champion
    Are the springs and shock oil the same?

I had a mini e-revo couple of years ago and put in some stiffer springs and thicker shock oil.

Also put in the gtr shocks since the stockers tend to leak.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah the springs are a little longer on the summits, but I'm not sure how much difference that makes me and my brother have swapped shocks several times, and I didn't notice anything. But we keep our springs really soft so maybe it would be more noticeable when you turn up the preload.

Also the summit stock shock oil is 60at and I think the stock merv oil is 30wt. Personally I think it needs to be closer to 70 or 80wt. But that's more personal preference.

Soundmaster is right, many have had problems with stock shocks leaking. Mine were fine until the big jumps where they would pop the caps off.

I've never tried the gtr shocks, But I've heard lots if great things about them. But if you'd like something a little cheaper you can go with hot racing aluminium shock bodies. They are cheaper and solve most people's leaking problems.

RC Racer
    im kinda suprized that the rear arms and differant. i have looked at my other mini e revo vxl and pics of the mini summit on the traxxas site and cant see a differance.

RC Qualifier
    They don't look any different, but they are. The summit arms are slightly swept back. This gives it 10mm extra wheelbase.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Basher III View Post
    They don't look any different, but they are. The summit arms are slightly swept back. This gives it 10mm extra wheelbase.
    Same as the big brothers

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    Same as the big brothers
    Oh, I didn't know that, cool.

RC Racer
    Well thanks for all the info. good to know.