RC Competitor

Is there a tread to learn how to post better?

Hey guys , I have a lot of useful info that I would like to share and discuss with every one. Is there a tread around here that someone can give me the link to that will explain how to post things properly and more efficiently?
    How do I post pics? Or multi pics at once?or videos?
    How do I ad links to other posts such as "click here"?
    How do I make the links "live" so when you tap it it takes you to the proper thread or web page?
    I assume you guys that post a lot must keep a huge list of bookmarks on your PC so you can accesses them quickly.
    I have been reading the posts for a few years now and have learned almost everything I know about the ERBE from you guys who take the time and effort to take great pics and detailed posts. I thank you and would like to start contribute.
    Any shorty cuts or advice that would teach me how to post efficiently would be a great help!

87 GN , MITCH316 , REVOROLLER , MISTERCRASH , and ARMYOFDARKNESS and a few others have all been a HUGE help and I can't thank you guys enough for your time,energy and efforts you put into your posts. I literally could not have done it without you guys thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

RC Racer
    How do I post pics? Or multi pics at once?or videos?
    your pics or video's need to be on a server.
    click the third from right pict above the input box (or the second for video's) and paste the url there:
    [IMG]_add url here_[/IMG]

How do I ad links to other posts such as "click here"?
    click on the # of the post you want to refer to and link to it:
    like this

How do I make the links "live" so when you tap it it takes you to the proper thread or web page?
    select the text you want to link from and click sixth pict from right, and add url.

i hope this makes sence to you.
    Last edited by truggy buggy; 04-18-2014 at 08:29 AM.

RC Competitor
    It helps but I could till use a little more info. By pics being on a server you mean something like photo bucket and not your own PC , correct?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Correct. I doubt you want the internet to have open access to your personal computer.

First, the picture needs to be uploaded to a web host; like photobucket, flicker, or even a locked folder on facebook (like I do). Then after it is uploaded; you view the picture online, right click, and select "copy image location". At this point you come back to the forum and select the third icon from the right; the one that says "image" when you hover over it, and paste your image location into the box in the popup, then click "ok". Then the picture will be shown like this:

More information:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...sting-Tutorial

If you want to have a word become a link, highlight the word and then past the link after clicking the "globe with link" icon. It is the 6th icon from the right in the quick reply box.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5696746

your post #3, I left clicked on the #3 on your post. Then copy the http://..... and paste takes you direct to that post....

Photo Bucket has changed to if you click the img and it will automatically copy the URL, then go to your post and right click paste. might be because of windows 8..idk

how to
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...sting-Tutorial
    Last edited by 87 GN; 04-18-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??