Thread: Vibration noise

RC Racer

Vibration noise

I have a 3.3 on my revo and it started making a loud vibrating/chattering noise. I put the 3.3 in a jato and also having the chattering noise. Any idea?

RC Qualifier
    Are you talking about when its running or when your starting it? Mine made a chattering noise once but it was cause the head wasn't tightened properly. I tighten it like I tighten wheel lugs. Tighten one then skip one. Do finger tight first then tighten it all the way. If this keeps happening. Put some Teflon tape on the bolts if they back out and tighten it down.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

Me personally, I've only had a noise that was like a chattering ( metal on metal sound) was when my clutch spring was failing. Might be worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by icepick832 View Post
    Me personally, I've only had a noise that was like a chattering ( metal on metal sound) was when my clutch spring was failing. Might be worth looking into.
    +! had a CB bearing cause the exact same problem.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    Cool - I will check the clutch out and report what I find. thanks!

Also, would yours make the noise no matter if idling or high speed runs? mine makes the noise no matter what.

Mine did. The motor is still spinning when idling, just the clutch isn't engaged. I didn't notice if it was at running speed as the exhaust drowned out the noise. Gotta start somewhere though.

RC Racer
    No luck. I replaced the clutch shoes and bearings and the cooling head screws are tight. It def sounds like it comes from the engine. I pushed on plastic parts nearby thinking that was it but nothing helped. The sound stays constant even as I rev the engine. Any ideas? Here is a video.

http://youtu.be/SeiEoqYg6xE

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like mine. I can't tell what's different through the video. Have you only run the engine with it in the vehicle? Try turning it over outside the vehicle (no fuel) to see if you get that noise.
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Racer
    It doesn't make the noise just turning it over, only when running. I was going to try and rig it to run outside of the car. But it made the same noise in my revo

RC Racer
    It's def that engine. I put a new 3.3 in it and it didn't make the noise. I think it's the bearings

RC Racer
    Took the 3.3 apart and would you guess the rear bearing was toast. If you hear a vibration come from the engine, chances are it's your bearing/s.