Thread: 3.3 issues

RC Qualifier

3.3 issues

When I hold the throttle at, say, 1/3 throttle, my Slayer will rev up a little to get the truck moving a good 7-8 mph, and then after the truck itself gets up to speed, the engine kicks in all of a sudden(Presumably, because it switches to the HSN) to a much more powerful, well tuned high speed.

Does this mean my lsn is rich or lean?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Qualifier
    Assuming the hsn is set right then yes lsn could be set a little rich. Hsn could still be set lean... retune...

Set carb to stock. And lean hsn little by little till it goes fast on full throttle and stop. Then tune lsn on pinch.test. aim for 3.5 seconds lsn. Always tune at half tank.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the insight. How far back should you pinch the line?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Qualifier
    Immediately after a full speed run pinch fuel line 3 inches from hsn needle.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
    Immediately after a full speed run pinch fuel line 3 inches from hsn needle.
    Don't forget, engine at normal running temps AND only 1/2 a tank of fuel, just to be on the safe side

Also if you have to adjust, repeat the WOT pass and re-pinch the fuel inlet line..... Might as well stat from the furthest point and you being the finish line per say...

Pinching the fuel inlet line basically anywhere 1-3", eally doesn't affect it,, I use hemostats as I do my tuning with the body on, after all, that's how I run it.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 04-11-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Thank you guys
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM