RC Enthusiast

low voltage detection for lipo

i looked this up but didnt find definitive answer. i also read through the little castle book, but it wasnt as clear as i needed it to be. anyway how do i know if the low voltage detection is on and for which is it set..(4s,6s etc). i run 4s but i dont know where low voltage is set or if it even is. i have only ran 4s and have done no mods to my brushless revo. stock castle set up. any help is appreciated,thanks in advance

RC poster
    As far as I know as long as it beeps out the cell count than the low voltage is on. Its default is 3.2v I believe

RC Enthusiast
    ok. i read that in the castle manual. just didnt know if the voltage detection changes automatically depending on batteries..4s,6s etc

RC Competitor
    I know the Mamba Monster 2 has auto detect on for lipo by default, and also 3.2v cutoff is on by default.

RC Enthusiast

changing low voltage detection

stock emaxx setup. reading about protecting lipos.i know lvd is set automatically at 3.2v.im going to assume thats good for runnung 4s since its a factory default. if i run 6s,will it change automatically or do i have to manually do it? and is the 3.2 ok for 4s? asking because one of my 2s puffed up after a run recently.thanks

RC poster
    When you power up the truck, listen to the beeps. After the initial jingle, you'll hear a series of beeps(assuming it is set to auto detect cell count). That indicates how many cells are detected. So if you hear 6 beeps, and LVD is set to 3.2, then it will cut off at 3.2*6=19.2 volts.

RC poster
    If you don't hear the 6 beeps, then you need to change the "auto detect LIPO cell count" setting..

RC Enthusiast
    oh, ok. it says it was set to 3.2 from factory in the castle booklet. i will listen to verify again. if for some strange reason its not set, do you know how i go about changing the setting to on? i know you can change some things if you have the app and iphone etc, but i dont because i have android.

RC poster
    Easiest: get a device called a "castle link"

RC Enthusiast
    cool, thank you very much

I suggest purchasing a Castle Link device or Field Link programming card from Castle Creations. The factory LVC setting is too low for my comfort. I believe a 3.4 or 3.5 Volts per cell setting is much healthier for your batteries.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

the second set of tones, is the cell count, correct the factory setting on the ESC / LVC is 3.2, bump that up to 3.4v per cell.
    for battery battery life.

Refer to this to setup the Mamba Monster ( MMM ) esc for maximum performance:
    CASTLE LINK GUIDE

And direct from Castle Creations ( the esc manufacturers ):
    MMM FAQ

Driver's ED Manual

LED warning light meanings
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Enthusiast
    ok, thank you

RC Competitor
    On all my castle equipped trucks, I set lvd to 3.5 volts per cell. I can usually tell a large voltage drop when the batteries are around 3.7 per cell.