RC Competitor

Hot racing parts

I looking to get some hop up parts for my Jato 3.3, and read on here about Hot Racing dual brake system. I'm seems pretty strong, so my question is, does the company have a good reputation for sir other hop up parts (gears, clutches, etc)?

RC Champion
    Im new to jatos, but Ive never heard a bad thing about hot racing. They are a lesser known brand, at least in the Maxx world, but every time someone posts up their products, its a good review. Not sure if this completely answers ur question or not
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Competitor
    It helps, thanks. I'm looking at their dual brake set up, and a few other pieces. Just wanted to see if I could get any good feedback on the.

RC Qualifier
    Hot Racing makes a top quality product. I have bought many of their parts and will buy many more, but they have absolutely NO customer service.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    Hot Racing makes a top quality product. I have bought many of their parts and will buy many more, but they have absolutely NO customer service.
    Thank you for the heads up

RC Champion
    Thats a good point and probaly why they havnt become a more popular brand.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Competitor
    never had an issue with their products,but like the other person said no customer support. not sure why they stopped selling the extended chassis for the jato .

RC Competitor
    I just picked up their carbon duel wave brake kit. Will leave feedback once I have installed it.

RC Enthusiast
    I have dual brakes on. My jato. They work awesome

Last edited by Double G; 04-27-2014 at 02:36 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MREYNA View Post
    I have dual brakes on. My jato. They work awesome

I just put mine on last night. I need some lock tight for the small screw, so I haven't used them yet. How tight do you screw in the two screws that hold the pads? As it is now, my disks wiggle back and forth a little. Do I need to make it tighter?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindprey View Post
    I just put mine on last night. I need some lock tight for the small screw, so I haven't used them yet. How tight do you screw in the two screws that hold the pads? As it is now, my disks wiggle back and forth a little. Do I need to make it tighter?
    Yes brother. I tightened them till it gets to the point where they're are not that lose and not that tight so the disc can still turn freely

RC Racer
    Got a part number on those dual brakes?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MREYNA View Post
    Yes brother. I tightened them till it gets to the point where they're are not that lose and not that tight so the disc can still turn freely
    I did that today and I see I big improvement over the factory brakes. They lock up much easier, but with some braking control I got the truck to stop in a lot less distance than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridebonfire View Post
    Got a part number on those dual brakes?
    I ordered mine from Amazon along with some other stuff. http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Racing-SJT...ing+dual+brake
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-30-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Wow, $40 is pretty pricey. I've been able to get pretty good stopping power with finger control and my braking setup. Not sure if I want to drop $40 on that lol.

RC Competitor
    Unfortunately I wasn't getting the stopping power/control I wanted from the factory brakes. It was a little of an impulse buy (online shopping mostly is, lol), but no buyers remorse.

RC Enthusiast
    X2. I retro fitted it to my Revo and it works great. Overall, I have purchased a bunch of parts from them recently and they are all top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindprey View Post
    I just picked up their carbon dual wave brake kit. Will leave feedback once I have installed it.

RC poster
    Yes their products are as equal to intedgy, I'm running hr steel #45 gear in intedgy gearbox #109. Runs excellent! Destroys foam tires, rubber, well you can expect to be buying a new set after every four tanks lol. Loll I'll share pics too

RC poster
    I disagree. Their CS is better than intedgy.