RC Champion

traxxas 6 cell batteries for my sons 1/16 gravedigger dont hardly take a charge

I have 3 traxxas series 1 nimh batteries for my sons mini gravedigger and now they barely take a charge anymore. wont be getting anymore of these. don't know why they are going bad already. they were never charged over 1amp. mostly .8 or lower. is this normal for the life expectancy of these little batteries?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    From my experience, not long at all.

I think the most cycles I have gotten out of one was almost 100, but not quite. With that pack I charged it at .25C and it was discharged in a NewBrite Mustang. For the "real" RC's the current drain is much higher, putting a lot of stress on such a little pack.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by redlightrandy View Post
    I have 3 traxxas series 1 nimh batteries for my sons mini gravedigger and now they barely take a charge anymore. wont be getting anymore of these. don't know why they are going bad already. they were never charged over 1amp. mostly .8 or lower. is this normal for the life expectancy of these little batteries?
    try draining them and charge them at the lowest amp . do this 2-3 time it might help them come back . not new but last a little about 80 present . jmo I've some nimh over 5 yrs old and still going .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Champion
    ill give that a try. thx for the tip