RC poster

light kit and dual servo set up

Any one running a light kit with a dual steering servo set up? Already have dual steering servo set up. I'm looking to do a light kit but I seen you have to mount part of the light kit where the 2nd servo would go. Any other way to mount light kit? Pictures would be great.

RC Qualifier
    I don't have the light kit, I haven't seen one either, but if it usually plugs into the second servo slot then it should work with any of the other ports (assuming the light kit doesn't have turn signals. If so the lights should work but the signals wouldn't). From what I understand the power rails on the receiver are all connected together.
    1/16 Summit beadlocks with 2.2 rock lizards

RC poster
    I need to do dual servo's. I am gonna upgrade to these I think, these might help http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-1-16...item338cd6944c these might help so yoiu don't need dual but one is strong enough. I don't have a light kit, but that might help for for only needing one servo.
    Last edited by Rcfan5; 04-06-2014 at 09:56 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    A single strong servo is always better than two. When putting a second servo in, they must be 100% in sync... which is nearly impossible; and is impossible with the stock linkage because it is not adjustable. Due to the non-adjustable linkage, I feel Traxxas did not intend to have the 16th steer with dual servos... another clue is that the light kit switch takes up a servo spot.

RC's that come with dual servos... like the Revo, Summit, and eMaxx... some of those guys (me included) are paying big bucks to switch to a single servo setup. That gave me a big clue right there!

I ran a $30 Blue Bird 390 in my 16ths... hundreds of packs and it was still going strong when I sold it; and I think it was still going strong when he sold it!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I just broke my stock steering pole, and the arm on servo saver. I want to try aluminum but looks like GH's are discontinued. Any suggestions?
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

RC poster
    "The toyz" on eBay sells an aliminum steering set up by hot racing.

RC Competitor
    I don't have dual servos but I did manage to rig up my own lighting kit. I found some old tea lights and wired them all in parallel to a 9V battery. Presto, the battery lasts forever and I turn it on when I want to, not every time the RX turns on.
    1/16 Blue Summit
    "It's life, not drama." -Me