RC Racer

tires turning throttle

I just had a quick question if anyone can point me in the right direction...I purchased a 1/16 e-Revo used with a brushless engine in it and noticed when I hold the truck up in the air and squeeze the throttle the front tires spin like crazy and the one tire on the right side when your looking at the truck from the back spins like it should but the left tire starts to spin like crazy then slows down and almost stops while the other 3 tires are spinning like crazy, is this normal or what could be causing this?

RC Qualifier
    I'm not sure but my guess would be there is some sort of drag on that tire. So it starts off spinning but as the gears start working through the diff oil it transfers all the power to the wheel with the least resistance.

The nut on that side my be cinched down super tight, or there may just be some thing dragging on there.

Of course I don't really know I'm just guessing.

Also does it track straight? How about under hard acceleration?
    1/16 Summit beadlocks with 2.2 rock lizards

RC Racer
    are all 4 wheels supposed to spin around the same rpm when the throttle is pressed when the vehicle is lifted off the ground

Quote Originally Posted by squidd View Post
    are all 4 wheels supposed to spin around the same rpm when the throttle is pressed when the vehicle is lifted off the ground
    They should yes with no load (wheels off the ground). Also watch to see which one stops first when you let off the throttle. Like Summit Basher said you could have one of your wheels tighter than the other, I've experienced that problem also. Could also be a bearing locking up or going bad in that side of the driveline.

RC Racer
    the 2 front spin the same and the rear right one (when looking from back of revo) spins the same its the one on the left that starts of spinning good then slows right down after squeezing throttle full for a few seconds...I tried loosening the wheel nut a bit never seemed to make much difference

RC Enthusiast
    Bad bearing ??

RC Racer
    well found out my wobble was coming from one rear tire put it on the otherside and that side wobbles so guess gotta get tires sometime, as for the one tire not spinning like the other is it possible that my one battery could be weak, I was running the stock nimh batteries in series in it, when I charge them up the one battery seems to take longer to charge then the other could this be the cause of the one wheel not spinning properly, it spins like crazy when I first lay on the throttle but if I hold it wide open for a few mins the wheel starts to slow down and not spin as fast as the other rear wheel

RC Champion
    You have a bad bearing. That is why one side slows down. The battery wouldn't do that.
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL