Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Rally body and rally gt8 body choice thread.

I'm hoping this thread can help me and others find the best choices of bodies for there aplicacation on the traxxas rally car. It can be gt8 rally as well. As most know bodies can be difficult to find for this platform. Hopefully that will change in the near future as the rally continues to grow in popularity. So if fellow forum members can post pictures and the name of the bodies they have mounted to their rally it would be helpfull to all. Also if you like you can post bodies you have questions about the fit and other forum members can help with their experience and knowledge so that we don't waste money on bodies that don't fit and also get a feel for how certain bodies look when mounted. Pictures, links, and names of the body will be great additions. Also if it required any custom work to mount please share that as well. Thanks for taking the time to help me and others with this information.

RC Qualifier
    To start this a body I just found on the net. Can't post a picture right now cause I'm traveling but here is a link. Let me know what you think. As stated I have not mounted this body myself so buy at your own risk.
    http://www.serpent.com/product/170311/

RC Champion
    That Serpent Body looks suspiciously like an Ofna GT8 body, which is based on a McLaren F1 design.

Which you have seen of mine in the finished state

RC Champion
    I'm currently working on getting this one for Rally-2

Humay has a few he can add

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    here's one.
    http://www.team-titan.com.tw/b-60804.html

what I have now.
    Protoform PF8

latest one OFNA X3 GT
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-29-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Qualifier
    Thanks viper! Don't forget to list what body it is please. Maker and model. I believe that's a proline ford focus body? I have one but am traveling so I'm unable to post pictures at the moment. Thanks again. Keep them coming. Iv seen aces in your threads I hope you will share here as well.

RC Champion
    ^^^ Right Yes.

- Post #3 = Ofna DP8 Body

- Post #4 = Proline Ford Focus

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Here's my rally body.

Its a proline sc toyota tundra body cut low to fit on road driving.

RC Champion
    ^^^ I like it, looks cool!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for sharing everyone! Do you think the serpant body will fit the rally?

I know it's been said in other threads. I believe it was in humrays. Maybe you could post the minimum and maximum measurements of bodies that will fit the rally. I thought it was 325mm wheelbase. That's just a guess though.

Rad, that truck body looks great. Very original. I have a slash 4x4 that iv turned into a scalpel from jc concepts. I'm sure that body would fit this as well considering same chassis. Mine is not painted yet. Maybe someone can post their scalpel body that's painted and fitted. If not I will post a picture of my clear one when I get home from Mexico this week. Don't forget if you have posted a clear body in this thread try to stop back and post again when painted.

Humray. Can't wait to see that ofna x3 painted up! Mind if I ask the cost of that shell? Or link to where purchased. Got a soft spot for that. Body!

Want to thank Humray and viper extra extra. You guys are dedicated forum members that take a lot of time out of your busy life's to share very usefull info with us. Just hope guys like you realize how much your thoughts, pictures, opinions, and past experiences help others here to learn and love the hobby. Traxxas should really show guys like you some love for advancing the hobby and the traxxas brand. Are you listing Marshall's? Send these guys a t shirt or better yet a rtr! You make millions and these are the guys responsible for it. Lol.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the recognition and vote Corey

As I said earlier. I suspect the Serpent body is the same body as the Ofna DP8, and would bet it comes from the same mold. Assuming it is, it would fit.

Note for my DP8 I felt the OEM Rally shock towers were a bit too tall for how I like to fit road car bodies. For the correct clearance to road and wheel gap, it was higher than I liked and the body was already resting on the shock towers.

As such it required I use the lower XO-1 shock towers. This then required I fabricate my own rear body mounting posts as the XO-1 towers do not have posts mounts on top. It's in various parts of my thread but here is the bulk of it http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5589836

Infact the headlight decals even look the same. The wings are different but is probably a separate supplied item.

Here is an interesting one that looks based on a Ferrari 458

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpha-RC-1-8...-/290974348679

This is the Sweep 1/8 GT. Based on my bench test fits, it looks to fit the same as the Ofna DP8.

Humay, that Team Titan one looks alright too.... Be sure to post your Merc CLK
    Last edited by ViperZ; 03-30-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Protoform DTM CLK

RC Qualifier
    Thanks humray. Stop back and post a picture of that ofna x3 now that you got it painted up and looking pretty. When you get time of coarse.

Any other rally bodies out there? I found one on the net that was sweet but I wAs falling a aslleep and forgot to book mark it. :-(

RC Champion
    I have a love hate relationship with these... As they are nearly the only game in town, they have my attention, but I despise the comical, cartoon car looks of most of them.

http://www.deltaplastik.it/?p=prodot...at2=11&cat3=15

Lots bodies there to fit the 325mm wheel base of the Rally.

RC Qualifier
    Ya iv seen those and feel the same as you about them. I do like the BMW m3 body but fit I questionabl.

RC Champion
    I've been wanting a BMW M3 and have looked that one over, just can't do it as it just doesn't look right

I have a few 1/10 M3's that I been needing to paint up, they are so much more scale...

RC Champion
    Here is my Sweep P1L GT8 body painted as a Road Going super car. The color is a custom blend of Parma Pearl Orange and Florescent Orange air brushed on and then backed with Pactra Florescent white backer in the rattle can.

I'm particularly fond of the customized wing of the model. In the Sweep photo I posted above it comes with that huge wing, that while maybe functional for a circuit racer, is a bit over done and unrealistic for a road going car. Besides it was just too big with no soul and lacking any type of panache. So I cut it more to my liking and more fitting to the model.

I painted the underside of the main wing, and then the inside of the side strakes Pearl Orange. I then had to back it with the white to make the color pop and match the rest of the body. Then I re-sprayed those sections again with Pearl Orange so as to hide the white and make it all blend in. Looks wise this is one of my favorite GT8 bodies yet and if it runs well, I will need to buy a few more of these to paint up.

Of particular note. To fit these lower GT8 bodies to the Traxxas Rally chassis, and have it stanced just right, a person need to remove the OEM Rally shock tower and use the lower XO-1 towers. The OEM Rall's prevent the body from sitting at the proper height. Humay has even modified his XO-1 rear towers to allow even more clearance for the X3 GTP body

RC Qualifier
    That think looks dope! Any chance you could give us some close ups of your shock towers so we can see how your mounting the bodies. Great job viper!

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    Humray. Can't wait to see that ofna x3 painted up! Mind if I ask the cost of that shell? Or link to where purchased. Got a soft spot for that. Body!
    sorry for the delay. didn't realize I never posted the painted body
    first X3 (doesn't look like this now lol)

2nd X3

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
    That think looks dope! Any chance you could give us some close ups of your shock towers so we can see how your mounting the bodies. Great job viper!
    Thanks Corey...

Here are the posts in my thread regarding the towers and their fitment to the DP8 body

Rally Towers with DP8

Installed XO-1 Towers

If anybody would like any other pictures feel free to ask

RC Qualifier
    Man that car looks good what rims is that you have on there

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetslash View Post
    Man that car looks good what rims is that you have on there
    Thanks! The rims are Ofna 6 spoke Chrome PN#81026. I think they really match the Sweep body and color theme with the right amount of "Bling"

The Black Sweeps look good with it too, but just look too purposeful....

RC Champion
    Here is another newly release mush have body for the Rally!!! However for it to look right a person will need to extend the track width of the regular rally based on the dimensions of the chassis.

Darn, just when I thought I would have a regular Rally, it looks like I'm going to be modifying Rally-2 to the same specs as Rally-1 No matter, I'm just happy a body is out there in Rally Trim that excites me... Moar!!

Hyper GT

• Wheel Base: 328mm
    • Front Track: 306mm
    • Rear track: 308mm

Nice!!

sent via Samsung Galaxy LIGHT using tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    That's really sweet!

RC Champion
    Yeah, I like the shape and love the big wing out back!

RC Qualifier
    Can anyone list the size bodies that fit the rally? I personally do not have the protrak kit. I have standard mip x-duties with rpm arms and aluminum castors and carriers.

RC Champion
    Most any 325-330mm wheel based GT8 Body will fit the Rally, it just that the typical GT8 track width is wider than the Standard Rally, as such the wheels sit more inside the body. It works, but just doesn't look as fitted or aggressive.

You fix that by installing the Proline Protrac kit which increases width by ~1/2 inch, the down side of doing that is most Slash bodies will then be too narrow and will require big cut outs of the wheel wells to clear. or Body lift kits, which sort of negates the purpose of the Rally theme. I suppose a person has to pick their path

That's why I had to build a second Rally, after widening my first one, now it seems I'm headed down the same path, again We'll see....

with my Hybrid CVD I can switch XO-1 1/2 offset 17mm adapter to REVO 0 offset adapter and be able to run stock body without changing to stock arms.

RC Champion
    Hummm, I have as set of Integy 0 offset 17mm adapters too, but they will not fit on the MIPs as they need a drive pin. No matter, that's what Rally-2 is suppose to be for, for now

Here is another body said to fit the 325mm chassis of the Rally

1/8 GT Hobbytech Concept Car clear body

It's okay I suppose, different.

[QUOTE=ViperZ;5698455]
    Here is another body said to fit the 325mm chassis of the Rally

1/8 GT Hobbytech Concept Car clear body

This is what I was going to get before x3 came out, I even have it as my avatar lol.

sent via Samsung Galaxy LIGHT using tapatalk

RC Champion
    Yeah, it looks interesting for sure.

Another one that is the Ipamena Warrior. Its touted as top designed Speed Run Body. Looking like a cross between an Acura NSX and a 1/8 RC Can-Am Nitro Body....

here's one that I linked on post #5, (Blitz GT) thought I'd post the pic for better view

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Yeah, it looks interesting for sure.

Another one that is the Ipamena Warrior. Its touted as top designed Speed Run Body. Looking like a cross between an Acura NSX and a 1/8 RC Can-Am Nitro Body....

I see a lots of high speed runners running this body going pass 100mph+

Is that a Philippine Flag sticker on the window?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for all the posts guys. Love all these bodies. Now if some company's would release some actual rally bodies that would mount up without modding shock towers etc.. We would be all set.

you know most body that me and ViperZ suggested are Onroad cars lol. I thinks its time for other members here to join and give us some TRUE Rally bodies please!

not sure what you can do with Scalpel body (onroad/offroad) but that's another one for you

RC Champion
    Ha, Ha, so true Humay, My preference is to GT, Sedans and Prototype cars... I have to admit I'm not really a fan of all these trucks, yet I have so many of these nutty truck bodies

RC Qualifier
    Ya I know you guys are set up to run gt8 bodies. I just think it would be nice to have some more rally body options. Someone mentioned the scalpel body above so I thought I would post this link for those who have not seen this one yet.
    http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=790

RC Qualifier
    Here's my protoform pf8 body I got off ebay for $25 shipped. And it was already painted. Something I do not enjoy doing that much and am not good at. I have not figured out how I plan to mount it yet.

RC Qualifier
    Here's the stock body just for fun