RC Enthusiast

Normal MERV noise?

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MT_basher View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Have you checked how tight the gears are at the point of where the motor and the trans connect. Spacing may be to close. Its any easy check to possibly rule that out. Take the plastic cover off and losen the lock screw on motor mount. Place a strip of paper between the two gears and push the motor back into position. Tighted the lock screw back up and then pull the strip of paper out this should give you the proper spacing between the gears. Not saying this is the issue but it may be.

RC Racer
    Like above^ check gear mesh

RC Enthusiast
    The spur and pinion? I did take the motor out and put a piece of paper in between the pinion and spur gears, but I pushed the motor close to the spur with the paper in between. Thanks I'll check it and come back

RC Enthusiast
    I in rusted the slipper clutch and re did the spur and pinion sounds the same...

RC Racer
    Have you tried taking off the motor and then pushing it? If so does it still make that noise? Have you ever overheated your motor? You may have to start a process of elimination if it still makes that noise with the motor removed cause that means it's in the drivetrain. Either trans or front or rear diff. If it doesn't then it's probably the motor.

RC Qualifier
    Judging from the sound it could also come from a backed off grub screw on the front or rear center driveshaft, rubbing the chassis.
    Take of the front and center skid plates and have a look.

RC Enthusiast
    Took out the motor and gunned it. Normal. With out the motor pushing it, I makes a way fainter version of the noise. I'll check the grub screw thing, but what will it look like. Also none of the stock hex drivers fit the center driveline grub screws!!!

RC Qualifier
    When you take off the front and center skid plates you can inspect the the driveshafts. Both are connected to the transmission and one differential.
    Each of this connection joints is secured by some kind of grub screw/bolt thingy. Check if these are fully seated and not backed off. If they have backed off you'll probably notice some grinding and notches on the chassis.

The smallest driver in the supplied set should fit that grub screws.

If all looks good with the shafts, then check inside the transmission case for broken teeth on the gears. Oh and check all bearings for damage too.

RC Enthusiast
    I know I tried all the wrenches NONE fit