RC Enthusiast

1/16 Chassis brace

Hi All

I have a 1/16 Summit VXL and a Mini Revo.

My son crashed the Merv and broke the chassis. I have ordered a new chassis. But my thinking, in order to prevent future damages of getting a chassis brace.

Do you think it's a good idea? Or does it add a lot of weight? Deminish ground clearance? Really make it stronger?

Will ones that fit the Merv fit the mini Summit too? Which braces would you recommend?

Thanks

RC Champion
    T bone one piece skid plate. Or 3 piece set. They both work well. The 1 piece would be better though. It might not fit the summit though. Thetoyz.com has some chassis braces that will fit any of the minis.
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    heres a link top the chassis brace Jimdog mentioned.

http://thetoyz.com/Traxxas/Mini-1-16...e-Toyz/13122/#

i dont think the t-bone skid plates will fit the summit but i may be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm thinking about getting the t bone brace for my son's mini digger. He broke the chassis last night by hitting a tree.

RC Qualifier
    The T- bone does fit the Summit I've been told. I want a one piece skid plate that is exactly like the stock three piece of the Summit but connected. RPM says sales aren't great for the 1/16 stuff right now.
    Those who forfeit liberty 4 security get neither

t-bone should be fien on the summit

traxxas 1/16th sales are fine...... that is why they keep re-using the platform

RC Racer
    If you want you can invest in the T-bone skid plates. But another option to help a little too is the shock mounted chassis brace and you can get aluminum skid plates that fit in the stock locations.

RC Racer
    You can find them all at www.thetoyz.com

RC Racer
    With just the toyz braces I was catching 10' of air at the skate park on my merv. No problem. Now have Tbones brace/bumper/wheelie bar too. cant wait to try it out. Bullet proof chassis wise.

RC Qualifier
    Lots of people swear by the T-Bone - we've broke tons of stuff but we have never a chassis. Even the kid with 8 foot hi jumps. Maybe we are lucky but I would not attach that monster to my ride unless I've broke a couple at least (logic would tell me to adjust my driving style in such a case anyway) But anyway, if you are into monster jumps (and the associated endos) go for it !
    I'm sure they will add strength
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.