RC Racer

Replacing rear carrier?

Hit a jack today at work and broke one of the rear carriers. How do I get the old one off to replace it? I've looked at the exploded views but doesn't let you know the disassemble process

Can anyone help out?

RC Qualifier
    It's pretty easy, just look at some YouTube videos that's how I did it.

RC Champion
    Just start undoing stuff, that's the best way I say

I would suggest that you replace the plastic hub carriers with aluminum. I have not broken or bent an aluminum hub carrier. It is a little more in cost but well worth it in the long run.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    i beat my rally pretty bad and i have rpm carriers in the rear and strc aluminum c-hubs with rpm bearing carriers up front ive bent the aluminum c-hub but have yet to break a rpm carrier... just my experience, but the c-hub bent back fairly easy.

to remove it just remove the wheel the pin at the end of a-arm and the screw on the tire rod.

RC Competitor
    Remove the pin at the end and the screw on the end of rod

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse002100 View Post
    Remove the pin at the end and the screw on the end of rod
    Are those the new Proline Rally tires? How do you like tham and how is their performance? They are internally ribbed so they don't balloon?

RC Competitor
    With mamba monster 2 2650 they Ballon terribly I'd say worse then stocks. And after only 3 packs on 3s they are mostly done very soft tires. The ribs are the only thing holding them together.

RC Competitor
    I just ordered mip 17mm adapters and am looking at suprasales pre mount 1/8 buggy tires knoby tires at 15 a complete set mounted and Road tires are only 30 a set. I spend almost $70 for the striker tires and proline f11 rims if I recall. U could get both complete sets with the 17mm adapters for same or a few bucks more. And have lower profile tires that hopefully don't balloon as much.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    get some belted tires, its wont balloon at high speed (GRP, Sweep, or OFNA) I've use Suprasales and its good for few runs then it became a drift tire. the difference with high quality tires to unknow ones are night and day. My first time putting on belted tires really change everything.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Competitor
    Thanks for your input I looked it the ofna belted tires. I guess I'll wait for payday and try them out. I may still try the El cheapo tires to see. Maybe my car can handle the speeds it tried to achieve on the 20/36 gearing. Right now I have it at 16/38 and it balloons but not as terrible and still maintains a small level of control.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Yeah try them that way when its time to buy the belted ones, you can compare the differences. Dont forget to balance them wheels, it makes a world of difference.

sent via Samsung Galaxy LIGHT using tapatalk
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse002100 View Post
    With mamba monster 2 2650 they Ballon terribly I'd say worse then stocks. And after only 3 packs on 3s they are mostly done very soft tires. The ribs are the only thing holding them together.

Wow! All that from three 3s packs? That is horrible! You should contact Proline and see if you can get your money back. At least another set of different tires.

RC Champion
    I ran though a set of Kyosho road tires in 4 packs... It makes me think I should have let off on the slipper clutch Or the throttle trigger

Am I the only one who has their tires last awhile? I thought is was bad that Street Fighters only last about three months

RC Champion
    The Street fighters are a lot meatier tire as well...... So you can only imagine what we are faced with. More slipper clutch I thinks

Gee ViperZ, how big are you're battery packs? 20,000mah? Lol.

Sent from my Super-Kindle
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    got the same problem on my rally running supratires
    on 6s, and center diff, i can eat thru the front tires before a set of batteries are drained

RC Competitor
    I just ordered a set of mip 17mm adapters for my X duties and I'm looking at ofna belted street buggy tires

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Gee ViperZ, how big are you're battery packs? 20,000mah? Lol.

Sent from my Super-Kindle
    I wish!

RC Competitor
    I run 3s 5000mah traxxas packs and after about 20 min I get stupid and start breaking stuff. This last time we started, me in passenger seat my buddy driving about a mile to the park @ 65mph chasing the little rally. We got a lot of looks speeding down the side streets and had one close spin out, I almost got ran over by a suv. At the park there is a big pond surrounded by concrete and we were racing around it. My buddy's slash spun smashed me and knocked me in the water. After that he was trying to jump his truck and it flipped into the pond. My mamba monster 2 didn't hiccup his stock vxl lost motor control then steering within seconds. After hitting it and the receiver with a heat gun his lives again.