RC Qualifier

New account/old member.. getting back into a MERV.

I had an account here, ling427ttvette.. and could not remember my password to save my life. (If a mod/admin could help me with this that would be GREAT, I hate that I have multiple accounts and don't want to cause issues with that)

Anyways, 3-4 years ago I had a MERV and I traded it for a couple of E-Maxx's.. which was great, but I miss the MERV bad.

I did some digging on Craigslist and found a killer deal on another one, a full brushless MERV, with another almost complete MERV for spare parts, including a spare VXL motor! All for $200. I CANNOT wait to get another build started on this thing.

Here' my old MERV:

Oh yeah.

I don't know if I will go big block again for this build, but since I have almost enough parts to make two.. I think I will. Already have a spare MM5700 laying around.

Already got me a parts list forming, going to try to get back to where I left off. Are people still running the ACE hardware #93 springs I believe it was? Or has something better been found by now?

Quote Originally Posted by lingen427ttvette View Post
    I had an account here, ling427ttvette.. and could not remember my password to save my life. (If a mod/admin could help me with this that would be GREAT, I hate that I have multiple accounts and don't want to cause issues with that)
    Send Nitro Chicken a PM. He should be able to help you out.

Welcome back!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Enthusiast
    Some say the ace springs were stiff but terrible handling wise. I use summit purple springs. Well, you did it right with the first build with those HPI SS wheels :-). Love those wheels. Good luck with your build.

RC Qualifier

The spare chassis was involved in a really high speed front end collision. The running one needed a bearing, some pillow balls were missing, the carriers have tons of slop in them which I need to correct. Steering servo crapped out 30 seconds after a power on to test it out. Luckily the other one was still good. Took it for a run with the batteries in series and hammered the heck out of it, it handled it. The running gear is in perfect shape. For the amount of spare parts, plus the extra complete chassis, and a running Revo.. I got a steal.

Now, I need to decide a build.. I need most of the front end pieces for the spare chassis. Anyone here getting rid of some? I have decided on definitely going with the Tenbol mount and putting in the MM5700 I have. What would be the best solution to get rid of the slop in the carriers? I think I've heard Hot Racing makes some good stuff.. what else is there? I'll definitely be getting the aluminum push rods again to.

RC Qualifier
    Well, been bashing around a bit and found out that basically all 8 tires I have are junk. The glue will not hold. I've also started the build on the other chassis.

To start with I ordered me some 2s 45c LiPos. Still waiting on those, then I put in an order for the second chassis.

So far I just ordered stock Traxxas parts.
    I ordered a full set of center and wheel drive shafts.
    A whole new chassis (old one was destroyed)
    Front bulk heads
    Complete set of front and rear arms
    Complete set of shocks and mounts
    More body clips
    Traxxas 100k diff oil

Started here:

This is as far as I could make it tonight:

I've hit a stopping point because well, need more parts. Need more pieces for the servo horn, the carriers (Getting Hot Racing) need 2 wings, and looking at a set of 2.2 Trenchers that are pre mounted for my bashing Revo, and for the build I want to go back with the setup I had on my first MERV (HPI SS wheels with HPI V-Groove tires) and I also still have a steering servo on the way.

Need to pay attention because it's WAY to easy to drain the bank account with these things.
    E-Maxx 3905 and 3906. :D

RC Qualifier

Got my trenchers and steering parts in! Need to order some carriers and some wings still. After that will be the aluminum pushrods and then the Tenbol and MM5700 parts will be ordered. As well as some steel center and drive shafts. I can't wait!

RC poster
    What wheels are you using?

RC Qualifier
    Just a wheel they came pre mounted on from Proline. They came pre mounted and glued.. Only way to go IMO.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, had a MERV, sold it. Then got my nephew a brushless mini Grave Digger. Kinda got bit again. Looking for one for my daughter now.
    2x Stampede VXL
    Stampede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Looks like trenchers on desperados, correct me if I'm wrong.