AbSoLooT's Teton Build

Hey Guys,
    Here I go again. Another build.... My own Teton... I've wanted one of these so bad..... I am way excited. I got something in special in store for this one, no one has done just yet.... But so far.... Here is where I am.

I got this as a special deal, courtesy of a friend. (thanks to him for hooking me up) Here is how it arrived.

Motor was burnt, got a new one soldered on, and got as many parts mounted as I could. Missing some pins, and screws. Got some upgrades coming, but its going to take a minute. Traxxas has released info on their upgrade drive shafts, but there is NOTHING online about them. Dealers don't even have them listed yet (they do for the Rally though) but the blue aluminum shafts for the Teton, are no where to be found.... Cant wait for those to get in. Also... I got something special, that has not been done yet. Gonna be a Baby Stampede....Just wait and see

I got a body for this one, that just needs to be painted. Something no one has done yet. After that, its going to be about waiting for all the upgrades to get in stock.... But at least the look il have fast. I cant wait!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Looking forward to seeing it done! After seeing your other builds this is going to be great. Good luck making the stock motor last, mine quite in the 2nd run.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Baby stampede is what I thought of when I first heard of the 1/16 rally... With the Teton ... And now this thread ... It is gettin closer. I'm excited to see how it unfolds 😃

It's no where close to done, not just the body, but the chassis... But... here it is

Can't wait till its finished. But look how much the tires/wheels looks like its ol man, with the desperados/trenchers combo..

I love this little thing

RC Racer
    Everybody is doing different looks I saw someone else do a buggy on this forum and I'm doing an SCT build

awesome

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Looks great loot, have a link to that body?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Thanks Rag, ya didn't read what I posted I wanted to complete this thing, before I gave away what body this is. (not that its that big of a secret) but i'll Tell ya what, I will send it to you, but you gotta give me about a week or two before you can post it, so mine is completed first? Deal ?

RC Racer
    Did you modify the body posts?

Your pm's are full, so Just posting it here.

Deal 8)
    No worries, I will not snipe your body, very cool find 8)

I like those Helion plastic shocks. The mini recon alum shocks are bomb, another cool find 8)

Check out the suspension mod I did to raise the ground clearance in my thread. I would urge you to do it for the look of the truck. It will make the micro pede look more muscular. It only involves moving the suspension pins up to the top hole of the carriers and c-blocks, slightly filing the c-blocks to clear the suspension arm movement, and slightly filing the outer suspension arm cross member to clear the c-block movement(10 min/side with flat file). The only drawback is by changing the pin location adds negative camber using the stock camber links. This truck needs no neg camber at all, Its much harder to control with the neg camber. Take pics with the pins in the upper hole with the highest ride height(inside mount on arms, inside upper mount), but either find adjustable upper links to zero out the camber, or move the pins back to the lower hole, and stock top mounts/ outer lower mounts when you run it. The truck is very stable jacked up(no roll overs), but spins out off throttle, and turning under power is very unpredictable. Also run without foams. The mini quake foams fit just right, but cause the tires to leave the ground constantly over the smallest pebble. They need to be soft as possible, and the foams make them too hard.

Sorry for the long pm, but just wanted to give my experience so far to give a heads up. I have been pounding this thing 10 packs/2 bashes just today lol, and have not broken anything driving it. The motor sux, but the 10 buck helion is perfect with a 12 tooth and a lipo. Dirt easily gets into the spur/pinion mesh(why the heck did they put grease on the pinion/spur anyway? Clean it off before you run it. Its a rock magnet with grease.).

Where you getting the mini nos bottle from?

RC Champion
    Cool Loot! Funny thing I was looking at that same body, but ended selling my Teton anyhow. Well, atleast now I know it fits

And I agree with what you said in your other "removed" post about the sides not being a bit longer. But it basicly fits the vehicle it came off of the same way.
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Way to go LooT. Another fine build in the Utah Factory!! LOL

BTW......What happened to your other post??
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    ha took me a couple looks but I figured out what shell it is.....the oddly long bed/rear box gives it away
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    I finally figured what that body is, I was looking for other mini's and recognized. How's the body coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Your pm's are full, so Just posting it here.

Deal 8)
    No worries, I will not snipe your body, very cool find 8)

I like those Helion plastic shocks. The mini recon alum shocks are bomb, another cool find 8)

Check out the suspension mod I did to raise the ground clearance in my thread. I would urge you to do it for the look of the truck. It will make the micro pede look more muscular. It only involves moving the suspension pins up to the top hole of the carriers and c-blocks, slightly filing the c-blocks to clear the suspension arm movement, and slightly filing the outer suspension arm cross member to clear the c-block movement(10 min/side with flat file). The only drawback is by changing the pin location adds negative camber using the stock camber links. This truck needs no neg camber at all, Its much harder to control with the neg camber. Take pics with the pins in the upper hole with the highest ride height(inside mount on arms, inside upper mount), but either find adjustable upper links to zero out the camber, or move the pins back to the lower hole, and stock top mounts/ outer lower mounts when you run it. The truck is very stable jacked up(no roll overs), but spins out off throttle, and turning under power is very unpredictable. Also run without foams. The mini quake foams fit just right, but cause the tires to leave the ground constantly over the smallest pebble. They need to be soft as possible, and the foams make them too hard.

Sorry for the long pm, but just wanted to give my experience so far to give a heads up. I have been pounding this thing 10 packs/2 bashes just today lol, and have not broken anything driving it. The motor sux, but the 10 buck helion is perfect with a 12 tooth and a lipo. Dirt easily gets into the spur/pinion mesh(why the heck did they put grease on the pinion/spur anyway? Clean it off before you run it. Its a rock magnet with grease.).

Nice info Rag. I will for sure look into that!
    Btw.. As for the NOS bottle, your just asking me now eh They are on all my builds, but that is the one thing, I just can't give away Everything else I will share.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Way to go LooT. Another fine build in the Utah Factory!! LOL

BTW......What happened to your other post??
    Thanks Digg. lol. A certain mod deleted it because it said an alternate word for "getting pregnant" that wasn't to vulgar at all. oh well. but... ya. It's all good.

So... The chassis is complete NO Teton looks like this one, I will tell ya that much. And these shocks are GREAT! way better than stock in both appearance, and performance. And not to expensive at all. The GTR ones just came into the shop today, but the price.. ooo buddy. This was a great way to go.

Parts dyed

Blue accents, Blue shocks, Dyed parts, and wires wrapped... Ya know how I do

Now with the blue Teton body, looks great!

Il take some better, close up pics soon. I still have to paint the MIni-Pede body. Thing is, is that I have to make my own window decals.... grr... But I love this little thing. And as Rag said, it handles good, all jacked up.

Btw. I think I found some MIni-Mashers for this thing. Information I will release once it's done. I am so stoked!

Btw, Although my motor is still good, I swapped in a AE (TA) Super 370. I did not notice huge speed increases, but I did notice some. I think my Lipo is alittle old, as a new NIMH was quicker, but its all good. I still love this thing.

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/Absoloot04/Teton/4121419_zps702306a9.jpg[/img

I did a simple break in. Ran it smooth the first time, but I have to clean and re-oil the thing. The bomb20 did so, and said that tons of stuff came out of the motor on break in. A lot of metal flakes. I highly suggest doing this, as it's been already mentioned.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post

Looks like a spent CO2 cartridge painted then sticker added. Looks easy to replicate IMO. 👍

You guys missed it. The co2 cartridge fits the 1/10 trucks, but where you gonna find a version 1/3 the size? Do they have micro co2 cartridges???

RC Racer
    I see some small glass bottles that look the same shape as NOS bottles but micro sized at a craft store

RC Racer
    Give me the dimensions you want and I'll make some.

I think Yinzer and Loot should get together on the micro NOS bottle 8)

Btw, Although my motor is still good, I swapped in a AE (TA) Super 370. I did not notice huge speed increases, but I did notice some.
    How were the temps? The first thing I noticed when dropping in the Helion 370 with 10 tooth pinion was a slight drop in speed, WAY lower temps, and a good increase in torque. I put a 13T pinion in and the temps came up, the speed was a bit higher than stock. The temps stayed in check though, even when running it hard. Heat could become a factor on 90 days but I could just drop to a 12 or 11 tooth pinion.

If the AE motor shows an increase in speed AND lower temps, it may be a better choice than the Helion to replace the stock motor. The stock motor is impossible to gear correctly imo. Kinda like putting a 6900 cc in a slash.

I just bought a dromida motor to try as I screwed up my helion motor(not the motors fault). As soon as Yinzers battery clip gets here I will post up how it does.
    Last edited by rag6; 04-13-2014 at 11:27 PM.

RC poster
    Are there aluminum upgrades for the upper and lower arms for the front of the teton?