Alternate Shocks that fit the Teton

Hey Guys,
    Sharing my findings of the Teton. There are two other shocks from other vehicles that are IDENTICAL size of the Teton...

Reason I found this, Is had a customer (really attractive Mom btw) whos son kept breaking the shocks, here:

SO... my finds concluded, you can mount the Dromida MT.18 shocks on here, and it a DIRECT fit.. exact size, down to the MM>

Here is the results, I even think they look better, so I will be doing this to my Dromida.

Here is what you need for mounting hardware. Although the ball cups at the bottom look similar, they are different sizes. By just alittle, but still.. you need the Dromida ones

The Dromida Part number for the shocks are: DIDC1026. Plus you need the Springs. For a pair of the shocks, its half the price of the stock Traxxas ones.

Also....... The shocks from the HPI Mini Recon, are ALSO IDENTICAL size to the Teton. Same Style mounts also... 15.99 a pair for those, so there are two alternatives to the Traxxas shocks, in case anyone is breaking a lot, and they are still back ordered. Something we have been having a hard time with.

HPI105519

Which means.... You can mount these upgrade HPI Recon Shocks.

Part number:HPI 105522 35.99

So far all the ones I've found, look like they were basically made from the same OEM> Alittle different, but shafts are identical, bottom mounts are identical, and they all are very similar. Chances are they are they size, they will fit..

Also, How is the feel of the Dromida on the Teton? PERFECT.... Think they feel better than stock even with their springs. This is what I am gonna do to mine...
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 03-25-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Nice, thanks for sharing! I'll have to pick up a set.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Cool find, diggin' the gold hpi shocks. The hpi ball cups fit the teton balls? That would def sway me from buying the associated shocks and balls.

EDIT:
    The Dromida Part number for the shocks are: DIDC1016. Plus you need the Springs. For a pair of the shocks, its half the price of the stock Traxxas ones.
    Fixed the part number
    thanks Loot 8)
    Last edited by rag6; 03-26-2014 at 03:10 AM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

They might Rag, Im not sure. I know one thing, the Dromida ball cups are just a little tiny different, so for dromida, you need different ones. Tomorrow il take a look at the Recon shocks, and see what I can come up with.

Crazy thing. The Traxxas, Dromida, and Recon shocks, are the EXACT same size...
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC poster
    I broke the shafts on both my stock front shocks, and couldn't find replacements in stock anywhere - so I ordered a couple sets of the HPI Mini Recons - the basic 105591 ones. They do in fact fit without modification, but I don't know how good they are. Mine won't fully rebound when compressed. They seem to be sticking.

The springs also appear to be different rates than the stock Teton springs, but you can easily swap the Teton springs onto the HPI Mini Recon shocks. I did so, but the shocks still don't fully rebound.

I'm a newb... so feel free to tell me there's an easy fix to this. Much obliged...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldfin View Post
    I broke the shafts on both my stock front shocks, and couldn't find replacements in stock anywhere - so I ordered a couple sets of the HPI Mini Recons - the basic 105591 ones. They do in fact fit without modification, but I don't know how good they are. Mine won't fully rebound when compressed. They seem to be sticking.

The springs also appear to be different rates than the stock Teton springs, but you can easily swap the Teton springs onto the HPI Mini Recon shocks. I did so, but the shocks still don't fully rebound.

I'm a newb... so feel free to tell me there's an easy fix to this. Much obliged...
    Sounds like the ball studs are to tight. If the shock can't move freely on the ball studs then it won't rebound. Hope that helps.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Checked out the dromida shocks the other day. I did not have my teton, but at quick glance they seemed to be a much bigger bore than the teton shocks.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinzer View Post
    Sounds like the ball studs are to tight. If the shock can't move freely on the ball studs then it won't rebound. Hope that helps.
    I think you're right. It was really hard to get the mini recon shocks to fit on the Teton ball studs. They do snap on, but they definitely don't move freely. I guess I need to order a set of HPI mini recon ball studs. Thanks.