RC poster

new with RCs - need HELP!

Hey everyone! i'm new in this and i'd like to apologize in advance for posting here, but i have no idea where my thread belongs
    I've recently received an off-road RC truck with an awful (toyish) body in exchange for my old Xbox, not sure if a fair deal HAHA, any way, long story short, i need help and guidance about where to start from. I've been doing some research about WHAT i have, because it looks like frankenstein's monster, built with different kinds of parts.
    As far as i knowi own an HSP aluminium chassis, looks like this one.
    You may be thinking get out of here, this is TRAXXAS haha and i get it but i'm here because after what i've seen around, Traxxas is what i want. Built with that chasis i have a 4wd system, before you ask i have no idea about the motor since it's brandless, but the rest of the car is all Traxxas (at least most of it). I've got a XL-5 ESC Waterproof (#3018X) (non-LVD) speed control, a Micro Receiver, TQ 2.4GHz (3-channel) (#6519), a TQ 2.4ghz 2 Channel Radio and a Futaba FP-s148 servo. That's pretty much it, and about suspension, wheels and the rest i'll post photos later.
    So, i would like some opinions about where to start from, i've already ordered a VELINEON 3500 BRUSHLESS MOTOR also SPUR GEAR & MOTOR MOUNT & PINIONS to go with it, and a 2075 Waterproof SERVO Traxxas #5608.
    As i said before, i'll post some photos later, for now please tell me where should i put this thread and excuse me for my lame english but my native language is spanish and i'm trying my best here HAHA.
    That would be all for now, hope you guys can understand and take it easy on me!

Hasta la vista.

RC Champion
    No idea, but it doesn't look like a Traxxas Rally...

I don't know too much about other Traxxas, other than the Slash 4x4, Rally and XO-1... Maybe somebody else can help out. I'm fine to see how this develops

RC poster
    It's not even ner a traxxas rally haha, if i should move to a different thread please tell me, here are some photos of the beast.
    Everyone meet "THE THUG" (translation for "EL MALANDRO", words carved into the body)

And this is a spare chassis i've got with other spare parts, it's the same as the one built in the car (you may note is't a bit bent on some spots i still haven't started working on putting everything in shape, even the car is very dirty and in need of maintenance)

That's it for now, i'll be posting more photos as soon as a i start the makeover (there's a lot to do!!)

Hasta la vista.

RC poster
    Ok i've found my cars origin, turns out its a toy haha (here is a link to the official page: http://www.henglong-toys.com/P.Show.asp?nhl=229 ). With my new traxxas parts on the way i'm thinking of building 2 cars and i really like the 1/10 Rally so who ever could post a list of which would be the best parts to start from, i'll order the chassis any day soon and will be expecting some tips on what to buy next!!

Hasta la vista.

RC Champion
    That's a different machine...