Thread: PREDATOR build

RC Competitor

PREDATOR build

Hey guys I have been meaning to do this build thread for a long time now and my rustler has transformed many times over.
    Parts include:
    Rpm front an rear arms
    Rpm front and rear bearing carriers
    Rpm casters
    Rpm front and rear shock towers
    Strc bulkhead
    Modified slash bumper
    Traxxas big bores
    Slash 4x4 driveshafts
    Full ball bearings
    Had rpm tranny but hated it
    Black chassis
    Savox servo
    Traxxas TQi
    CC Mamba Max Pro
    CC 3800 kV 4 pole motor
    Jconcepts rulux wheels
    Pro line 2.8 glads
    Trx front ribbed tires
    *waiting for wheels and tires to come, I will update thread often.*
    Please feel free to comment and ask questions as well as share your builds and ideas.
    Here's some more eye candy

RC Enthusiast
    Wow I wish I had the money right now to do this haha

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Themader346 View Post
    Wow I wish I had the money right now to do this haha
    This is actually an upgrade parts as they are broken build and this is over two years in the making gobbling up my money like a predator.

RC Competitor
    UPDATE: Once I beat up on this body for a while I am going to make this rustler into a truggy. I plan on using rpm front and rear adjustable body mounts for the slash and stampede and I am going to mount this badboy up...

WHY: because the bulldog body for the rustler looks like its been stretched to fit the rustler while the one for the pede looks like a true truggy body.

I will paint it charcoal gray with CC yellow something, I don't know yet. 😝

WHY: because the bulldog body for the rustler looks like its been stretched to fit the rustler while the one for the pede looks like a true truggy body.
    Really I have to disagree. I dont think that Pede Bull dog looks like a Truggy. IMO the Bulldog body built for the Rustler looks much more Truggy like. Here is mine oddly enough mounted on a Pede 4x4

BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Ah I've read many threads with your truggy pede dad, I admire the work you did on that pede . I find the molding in the body for the shock tower un-truggy, also keep in mind that with the rpm body mounts the stampede body will be slammed as far as it will go.

RC Competitor
    UPDATE: Once I wear out my 2.8 gladiators I'm going to get the big joes 2 2.2 pro line just released for the savage xs... These things are huge they aren't as big as 2.8 trenchers but are bigger than the stock 2.8 wheels n tires, now only if prolinbne would make badlands in this size
    2.8 gladiator height: 4.16"
    2.8 alias height: 4.06" I think
    2.2 big Joe 2 height: around 4.36"

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JMBEESON View Post
    This is actually an upgrade parts as they are broken build and this is over two years in the making gobbling up my money like a predator.
    I never thought of that I've had my rusty for 2 months and already have rpm shocktowers and a arms

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Themader346 View Post
    I never thought of that I've had my rusty for 2 months and already have rpm shocktowers and a arms
    Yea, instead of replacing with stock parts I'd just upgrade them, usually with rpm nylon parts.

RC Competitor
    UPDATE: Today I installed slash rpm rear a-arms and titanium turnbuckles to run front offset and get a little bit of toe-in.

RC Competitor
    UPDATE: MMP burned last ween and I got it sent in to castle it should be home within the next week, other than that anybody have any good. Upgrades or ideas for my rustler?