RC Racer

Question for those who use pull-start

Hey guys, I recently swapped the ez start for a pull start. So far I am not liking it because I have to take the body off to start it when it dies (like when it flips and I can't get to it in time). Any way around the body issue or do you always have to have the body off also?

RC Racer
    I thought about a cutout for the pull start but the body sits too high and the pull start would sit too far down still. Think I am going to stick the ez start back on .

My pull start handle comes out through the same opening for the cooling head. I will tell you that if your tune is t real good, a pull start is a pain. Also a bit of a pain to prime. For priming, I stick my fuel bottle into the exhaust stinger and push air through to the tank till I see fuel reach the carb.

RC Competitor
    Mmm so i was thinking to change to a pully to but if i read this i probably won't

RC Qualifier
    I don't have any pics of mine but I just cut out the bump on the body for the easy-start motor and the handle fits perfect.

I run an os.21 and it starts easy every time and holds a great tune, I know they are expensive but I would highly recommend 1 to anyone.

P.S. I used the easy-start to break-in my os.21 and then switched to the pull start once it loosened up a lil
    O.S.21 Nitro Revo, Stampede 4x4, 2 Axial Honcho's

Quote Originally Posted by NITR0 newbie View Post
    I don't have any pics of mine but I just cut out the bump on the body for the easy-start motor and the handle fits perfect.
    That's what I did. Just a nice oval on the top of the bump and the handle sits perfectly on the bump.
    You can see it here:
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    What's that little car?

The 1/16 Mustang Boss.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    I run the platinum body and found out I can grab the pull start from under the wheel well. So I'm good! Thanks for the advice!