RC poster

Revo 2.5 electric conversion

Hey guys im new to the forums and ive got this revo on my hands and need to find out whats the best metal transmission gears and metal driveshafts. please help im clueles and dont know where i should order it from.

RC Qualifier

Hey guys this is my little bro ethan, im not to familiar with the revo trucks. I know more about the slash, rusty and other 2wds. So it would be great it you guys can give him a hand.
    Its a revo 2.5 nitro which he has the tekno electric conversion. (Motor mount, i said he should get an 1/8 scale castle system for it but mot sure if the 1/8 scale would fit.) as i said before im more of a 2wd guy so i dont know much on this platform. Any help would be great for my little bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    yes the 1/8 scale will fit with the tekno kit..

everything else is all preference, and i never ran metal tranny gears and only ran traxxas drive shafts, but i never had electric power in my stuff... :-)
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    tekno makes the best Electric conversion out there IMHO

I have a 3.3 chassis and 2.5 but I prefer the longer wheelbase

my 2.5 that I converted into a GT8 awhile ago,

| Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Champion
    I really like your GT8. I have been wanting to do the same thing (convert to onroad), with my nitro Revo, but you cant use an RD Racing bump starter with the Slayer chassis (I mean with the Slayer's short a-arms).

Thanks for posting a picture with the clear body on the chassis. Are those Slayer, or Slayer Pro a-arms? Does the wheelbase work out OK with the 3.3 chassis, lining up with the bodies wheelwell openings? It looks to be a little longer then optimum. I run a 2.5 Revo chassis with extended a-arms. When I was looking into converting to on-road, I was considering machining extended arms for the Slayer chassis, so that my wheelbase would match the wheelbase of the car I was going to be using the body from.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oomp View Post
    I really like your GT8. I have been wanting to do the same thing (convert to onroad), with my nitro Revo, but you cant use an RD Racing bump starter with the Slayer chassis (I mean with the Slayer's short a-arms).

Thanks for posting a picture with the clear body on the chassis. Are those Slayer, or Slayer Pro a-arms? Does the wheelbase work out OK with the 3.3 chassis, lining up with the bodies wheelwell openings? It looks to be a little longer then optimum. I run a 2.5 Revo chassis with extended a-arms. When I was looking into converting to on-road, I was considering machining extended arms for the Slayer chassis, so that my wheelbase would match the wheelbase of the car I was going to be using the body from.
    Thanks Oomp, the one with the clear body was 3.3 chassis and found out its a bit too long so, I know then that I need the 2.5 chassis, you can see the painted body up front suspension mount closer to tranny.
    With the 3.3 chassis you can use 360 wheelbase GT8 body.

The a-arms are from slayer pro.

sent via Samsung Galaxy LIGHT using tapatalk
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-22-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC poster
    Hey guys im new to the forums and ive got this revo on my hands and need to find out whats the best metal transmission gears and metal driveshafts. please help im clueles and dont know where i should order it from.

RC Champion
    OK. There is only one company that makes metal tranny gears, and that is Robinson Racing. There are no best metal drive-shafts. Over the years I have seen many people have issues with steel drive-shafts. The stock drive-shafts are more economical in the short run, and long run.

Since you only have two post so far, I will do you a solid. Compared to a few years ago, the forum is dead. You will always find more answer by using the search function, than you will by asking and waiting. Instead of waiting weeks for that one random person to come along and post an answer, you could spend a half hour or so using the search function and filtering thru the results. You will find the answers much quicker.
    Believe 1/2 of what you see,and 0 of what you hear