Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

telluride to stampede build

Just a few weeks ago i picked this up..

Just waiting for my funny car motor

RC Champion
    nice but i would lower the body.

I agree the body being lower will set it off and be careful of those a arms when jumping high they will bend....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I agree the body being lower will set it off and be careful of those a arms when jumping high they will bend....peace
    Jconcepts lowered mounts and raptor body are on the way! I know integy has a bad rep but i've beaten on these pretty hard, they just get scraped easily.

Well that's sweet man but when they do bend or snap go for Rpm and you will love the lower look of the body and the raptor will look boss when finished.what colour do you have in mind........peace

RC Qualifier
    Well that's sweet man but when they do bend or snap go for Rpm and you will love the lower look of the body and the raptor will look boss when finished.what colour do you have in mind........peace
    I'm thinking a bright orange. I was looking at getting the jconcepts over tray also but it seems.like it'd hold a ton of heat in. Any experience with it?

I would not use one personally I would go for one of the shrouds they keep 90% of the dirt out but let's the motor and esc breath .plus sick colour choice..........peace

RC Qualifier
    Got my motor today!!! Finally had time to install it.. ran it up and down my yard/street for a couple minutes. AND WOW almost too much power if there is such thing. Went ahead and ordered xo1 diffs, robinson racing metal spur and slipper, and mip x duty driveshafts. Hopefully i won't break anything before they get here.

With the xo1 diffs, i ordered them off a stripped new xo1, should i change the diff oil? Or do i need to, rather?

RC Champion
    i put in 30k in my xo-1 diff. probably you need 17mm adapters too. i striped all my 12mm hexes and went with 17mm now.

RC Qualifier
    For sure. 17mm wheels and upgrade drive shafts. They'll go pretty quickly now with the 2400.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrsilv15 View Post
    For sure. 17mm wheels and upgrade drive shafts. They'll go pretty quickly now with the 2400.
    Already have the 17mm adapters.. just need to get wheels/tires i'd like ones that're already preglued but i don't really want the same desporado wheels i already have. Definately want to keep the trenchers, though.

Got my tbone bumper/servo guard today. Not too happy with the looks, but i'm sure it'll look nicer with the body lowered

And the wheelie bar..
    Last edited by fls4; 03-22-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Your truck is looking boss and your new motor is a crazy powerful and you have bought all the right stuff too happy bashing dude.....peace

RC Qualifier
    With that power plant, you'll want to buy the wheels and tires apart and tape them first.

RC Champion
    I use the 3.2 Revolver stablemaxx Rims together with Proline Trenchers 2.8 - perfect Combo but you need to do a litte dremeljob on the rims and some sissorjob on the Trenchers. There are two good howto videos on Youtube.

You also have to remove the trenchers from the desperados. I used the baking method for this to safe the foams.

Also I gorilla taped the trenchers.

I am so happy with those tires / rims now. Just awesome and no more stripped hexes forever

Last edited by soundmaster; 03-22-2014 at 02:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster View Post
    I use the 3.2 Revolver stablemaxx Rims together with Proline Trenchers 2.8 - perfect Combo but you need to do a litte dremeljob on the rims and some sissorjob on the Trenchers. There are two good howto videos on Youtube.

You also have to remove the trenchers from the desperados. I used the baking method for this to safe the foams.

I am so happy with those tires / rims now. Just awesome and no more stripped hexes forever

Wow those look sweet! Do they not make trenchers big enough to fit without cutting?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fls4 View Post
    Wow those look sweet! Do they not make trenchers big enough to fit without cutting?
    3.2 are much to big.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 03-22-2014 at 03:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    You can put the 3.2 trenchers on the 3.2 wheel, but it's way too big for the stampede. This combo gives you a smaller sidewall with reduced ballooning and increased handling.

Dude what temperature is best to bake the tyres off the wheelsthanks.......peace

RC Champion
    Dude what temperature is best to bake the tyres off the wheelsthanks.......peace
    Pretty hard to tell since I have a gas stove. Also you have to be really careful otherwise the foams brittle and rubber gets soft. This happened to me one time.

What I do is set the stove to about 4 out of 8 (don't know the temp) and check the tire every 5 minutes if I can already disassable.

Also I wrap the tires in aluminium foil like a baked potato.

This happened to my foams one time when I let it sit too long in the stove:

Thanks for letting me know man I have a load of wheels and tires I need to sort out.........peace

RC Qualifier
    Just my input: I like to boil my tires to remove them from the wheels. You do have to be careful though, water will get inside the tires, and can hurt a little, while working the tires off. I have used this method quite a bit, and has worked great. I boil a pair at a time for about 8 minutes. However, this method totally failed on my last attempt at getting duratrax tires of their wheels. They use some serious glue!

RC Qualifier
    Oops..

RC Qualifier
    At least that's a cheap fix!

RC Qualifier
    Did u set the gear mesh to loose or to tight ? Lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Did u set the gear mesh to loose or to tight ? Lol
    Too loose, did one hard stop at speed and tore through all the teeth. Have my robinson racing metal spur on the way

RC Qualifier
    Lol the metal one is gonna create more heat. Metal on metal

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4owner View Post
    Lol the metal one is gonna create more heat. Metal on metal
    Guess we'll see! I can't imagine it'll be that big of a difference. There shouldnt be much friction between the two if they're meshed correctly.

RC Qualifier
    Got some presents today..

After seeing the amr kit the guy with the widower has.. i'm pretty sure i'll be picking up a set for my raptor body.

Dude stick with stock spurs because they are cheaper and with the metal ones if something goes wrong it will pass the damage to the next weakest link in the drive train........peace

RC Enthusiast
    nice but i would lower the body.
    Why do so many people want the body lowered? It's a monster truck and in real life monster truck bodies sit way above the chassis. Too me lowering the body makes the truck look like a frog.
    4x4 Pede VXL Brushless, 2S LiPo. Bought Feb. 2014

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricks50 View Post
    Why do so many people want the body lowered? It's a monster truck and in real life monster truck bodies sit way above the chassis. Too me lowering the body makes the truck look like a frog.
    To me it looks just silly and not appropriate. Also the gap between the body and chassis is not looking good.

But as everything it is a matter of taste

RC Enthusiast

telluride to stampede build

To me it looks just silly and not appropriate. Also the gap between the body and chassis is not looking good.

But as everything it is a matter of taste
    Yeah everyone has different taste. I grew up watching a lot of monster jam and love the way monster trucks look with the body way up off the chassis.
    4x4 Pede VXL Brushless, 2S LiPo. Bought Feb. 2014

RC Qualifier

XO1 diffs are here! I hate waiting for parts.

Nice bulletproof diffs dude this build keeps getting better all the time......peace

RC Qualifier
    More parts!!!
    Just need my trenchers and 17mm revolvers to show up

More sick parts dude can't wait to see it all finished up.......peace

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fls4 View Post
    More parts!!!
    Just need my trenchers and 17mm revolvers to show up
    Nice I see soem good stuff there: Robinson Racing Spur, MIPs, HPI Pins?

I have to get those Pins too but they are hard to get here in Europe.

RC Qualifier
    Installed the metal spur and slipper ran 2 packs through it. Runs so much smoother than stock! And it doesn't make noiticably more noise? I've seen a lot of bad reviews for metal spurs because they're noisy.. mines quiter than the plastic.
    Last edited by fls4; 03-26-2014 at 07:19 PM.

I am stoked that you are enjoying your truck dude it was just a personal taste thing with metal spurs I would rather strip a stock one over it breaking something else in the drive train......peace

RC Champion
    I am stoked that you are enjoying your truck dude it was just a personal taste thing with metal spurs I would rather strip a stock one over it breaking something else in the drive train......peace
    I agree with spennie. The plastic spur gear is the perfect "weak point" in the drive train. Very cheap and easy to replace.

But the best way to prevent too much stress on the drivetrain is to set the slipper properly.