RC poster

Shocks upgrade alternatives

Did anybody figured out what are the upgrade alternatives for the shocks that could be used on the Teton? I broke one of mine in the first battery run and just called the LaTrax technical support to complain that the parts are back-ordered and I've been told it can be for months... At this point I would like to find a third-party or a part that can be modified from another rc car/truck model... I don't even want to put the original part as I consider it is too weak to spend time on it. In my opinion it is not well engineered as any impact is directed exactly at the weakest point, i.e. the inner of the bottom shaft threads and this is going to happend again.

Any brainstorming/ideas are welcomed...

RC Qualifier
    I have these. You need two sets of rears. You have to build them but they work great. Also adjustable. Need the ball stud kit also. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJHR3
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJHW0&P=ML
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

RC Competitor
    The traxxas latrax aluminum ones that are listed on traxxas as $65 are listed at rc planet for $25 but they aren't in stock yet

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    is that for 2 or 4?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    A friend of mine (Thanks to pturcotte!) told me about a way to repair a broken shock shaft from Latrax Teton in less than 20 minutes ... I think this might interest some of you guys!

Start from a 1-1/2" finition nail which has a diameter of roughly 1.85mm (stock shaft is 2mm)

Using a dremel, groove the nail to accept both C-Clips to retain the small plastic slider

Place both clips on the groove and use the nail head for the upper part - simple and working solution

Cut the nail at the right length, and alterate its end to help the glue having a good adherence in the ball cup

Strip the inner threads of the ball cup using a drill bit and simply glue it using crazy glue...

Thats about it! It worked well for me, and for sure, this shaft will never break again.

I did a thread on some....

You can use the Stock Dromidas, The ALuminum Dromidas, or Stock HPI Recons, or Aluminum HPI Reconds....

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-fit-the-Teton
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Nice solution btw, I like it.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..