RC Enthusiast

My truck wont start

I really need help. My truck wont start and if it does it dont stay on. Im about to just smash it and be done with rc's for good. Ive tried everything i know of and theres really not much help here either. I dont know whats wrong with it but its really starting to *edit* me off. I get it to start but it shuts off as soon as i release the ez start button. Nobody really knows how to set the lsn from the closed position, all people say is flush with the ring. Like does that even mean. My needle was shut all the way How many turns open for a 3.3 so its flush with the needle. Im actually very dissapointed with this community because so far it hasn't been any help. Its going on almost 2 months and my trucks are still not running. I even post on facebook for local areas to find someone and nothing. Id like to speak with someone that knows wth they are doing. If your just going to leave a stupid remark like even with the ring or some other crap please dont reply.
    Last edited by Double G; 03-18-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Wow. Just wow. The LSN being flush with the housing equates to roughly 2 turns out. This is covered in The manual as well as traxxas support. Here's a link that may help.

http://traxxas.com/support/Tuning-Yo...-Performance-0

I'm sure it's already been pointed out to you before. Can't really blame people for giving you information that you can't comprehend. If you have a local hobby shop, maybe they can help you out. Nitro isnt for everyone and will need more than a set and forget attitude. As weather changes you will need to adjust. Temperature, humidity will affect the engine, and you will need to know what to do to keep things running smooth. Sorry if I sound harsh, but complaining that no one has helped you when it is you that don't understand isn't right. Maybe electric is more for you.

Edit: one more thing to try would be (not recommended for new nitro users), while holding ez start button, have your screw driver on the LSN, and when it's turning over, SLOWLY turn it till it fires up. LSN adjustments are very sensitive.
    Last edited by icepick832; 03-17-2014 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

First off, attitude such as that will not get far and sit well with the members of the forum--even those wanting to help. I have been helped immensely when I first started with nitro and have searched for threads to further the knowledge. I know that Wildman4910 has provided fantastic photos in other threads showing parts of the carb, etc. Have a manual? Read it. In there it shows precisely what flush means. Have you utilized the Support button at the top of the page? Traxxas provides A LOT of information and how-to's with photos. Been to the Engines section and read Nitronaught's write-up?
    That being said, you could take the throttle arm off, screw in the LSN and then count how many turns out until it is flush with the barrel.

It will be 1.75 turns--I've done it over and over to confirm.
    There are a lot of members willing to help but you'll need an attitude change before someone is willing to start typing their $.02. It is not our fault that your trucks have not been running for two months. We do not live where you are so we are not the ones turning the screwdrivers, filling the fuel tanks or trying to start your engines. We all have gone through the frustrations and steep learning curve of running nitro engines. Give us the respect we deserve because we have earned it.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Hizz, do you know what we owe you? Nothing.

If someone on here helps you its because they are trying to help a fellow hobbyist.

Traxxas has a section on their main site, it says "find a dealer" I clicked it, typed in your zip code. Here is what I found

COINS & HOBBIES
    168 NORTH MAIN STREET
    BARRE, VT 05641
    (802)479-0788

Give them a call, be nice to them and tell them what your issue is. I bet you they will also be nice and ask you to bring your Traxxas R/C down and they will help you get the engine tuned.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Qualifier
    Chill man. Relax. Go watch tv for a little bit. Ok done. You're back. Is this a new revo? Breakin in a new engine? U crashed it and then it wont start. We all are blindly guessing what's going on if u give no info. It doesnt start means nothing. Now my tmaxx 3.3 is on top of a shelf looking mean and it also does not start. Help me tooo.

If you are not buying spare parts, you are going too slow!

RC Enthusiast
    @ Racer83L: I wouldn't be on here trying to get help if I hadn't already tried coins and hobbies, infact that guy in coins n hobbies gave me a number to someone he says that knows about nitro trucks, so i called him, we met and he took one of my trucks apart and did not know how to put it back together so he returns it to me in a box and with maybe 6% of parts missing. And to top it off, the owner of coins n hobbies doesn' t really know anything about nitro or rc's. And just so everyone knows, I dont have a manual, I bought this truck used and i do believe I have mentioned it in the past.

RC poster
    well buying used comes with a price to pay. What I would do is bite the bullet and buy a new motor and what else you need. You can download a manual and print it out. I'm pretty sure there's sites that got umm.

Quote Originally Posted by d1rthead View Post
    You can download a manual and print it out. I'm pretty sure there's sites that got umm.
    Yeah, the Traxxas site under the Support button above.
    The Super Derecho