RC poster

Brand New... NiMh batteries... Cannot get ESC to power the motor???

please help! I just put 2 3000mah traxxas nimh batteries in my brand new Summit. It turns on, the steering servos work, the transfer switch works... but no power to motor. the esc blinks red/green. I tried going to one battery and it just flashes red (low voltage). Does anyone have any suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    The lipo cut-off needs to be shut off. mine did the same thing when I got it.
    follow this youtube video it will work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiYypUV9sIg

make sure when following the instructions on the link to notice that he disconnected the battery with the tag on it. make sure you do the same.

RC Qualifier
    Did you try binding the Tx to the esc first?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nsousa View Post
    The lipo cut-off needs to be shut off. mine did the same thing when I got it.
    follow this youtube video it will work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiYypUV9sIg

make sure when following the instructions on the link to notice that he disconnected the battery with the tag on it. make sure you do the same.
    THIS WORKED!!!!
    Thanks Man... I was sure Id have to go buy new batteries. Thank you so much.

PS the Summit is the baddest RC Ive ever had. Crawler/Mudder/FastEnough for me!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DanWanLi View Post
    THIS WORKED!!!!
    Thanks Man... I was sure Id have to go buy new batteries. Thank you so much.

PS the Summit is the baddest RC Ive ever had. Crawler/Mudder/FastEnough for me!

That's why I love this community! we are all here to help each other.