RC Competitor

Question ESC Replacing. Great.

I have a few questions on replacing the ESC on my Summit. It is all stock. 1. Do I need to remove the motor also? 2. Is removing the ESC wire in the receiver in the 27mhz am radio the same as removing the wire in the 2.4 ghz receiver (location & work)? 3. Can you break a T wrench? 4. What do I do when the screws in the receiver box are trapped in with dried dirt (5 year old Summit)? All I need is answers and the Summit will be back on it's feet. The Millibeast (like a million beasts) will be back running.
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'

1) Motor does not need to be removed, but it makes it easier to get at the receiver box.
    2) Yes.
    3) Anything can be broken... but I have yet to break a T wrench; but I have rounded out a few.
    4) I have used needles and picks to clean the hex out.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RCROCKS75 View Post
    I have a few questions on replacing the ESC on my Summit. It is all stock. 1. Do I need to remove the motor also? 2. Is removing the ESC wire in the receiver in the 27mhz am radio the same as removing the wire in the 2.4 ghz receiver (location & work)? 3. Can you break a T wrench? 4. What do I do when the screws in the receiver box are trapped in with dried dirt (5 year old Summit)? All I need is answers and the Summit will be back on it's feet. The Millibeast (like a million beasts) will be back running.
    1) depending on what esc you choose,Most all esc can run brushed motors as well.removing the motor makes getting into the Rx and routing wires much easier it's pretty much impossible to do what you are doing without removing the motor.just to get it out of the way.Its one bolt easy to do.
    2)yes wire is the same location is the same as well.
    3)my recommendation is get a decent set of hand drivers so much better and easier to use
    4)Use something sharp and clean the heads out to get a good bite or if stripped try a close sized Torx head.
    May have to cut a slot in the head to use a flat blade driver to get it out(last thing to try)
    Hopefully some of that helps you out
    Ask away that's what this board is for

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    All that helps. Tomorrows job. Thanks!
    If parts ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'