Thread: Hydrobead

RC Enthusiast

Hydrobead

I was home depot and they had this thing called Hydrobead (http://www.hydrobead.com/) on display right in front. They claim it's a water, mud repellent and also protects from rust. Has anyone use it on their Summit? There is a video on the site showing an RC rolling in mud with it - http://www.hydrobead.com/#!mud/c130h
    Summit DeWalt 14.4v
    E-Maxx DeWalt 14.4v 2 Speed

RC Enthusiast
    I don't know anything about the hydro bead, but I want to figure out how to get my summits front wheel base to do that rotation trick. That seems much more effective than me doing the walk of shame to go flip it back over myself!

RC Competitor
    Looks quite interesting I might just have to try it out on my summit just for fun, and on shoes. We gets lots of rain over here, good find.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    There has been discussions on similar products in the Alley... neverwet was the name I think.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    nostopin, I know what you mean, it's actually a bit worse over here in vancouver.
    Summit DeWalt 14.4v

They don't call it the "wet coast" for nothing..lol At least we don't have to shovel rain

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Update: I tried it out on my black wheelie bar, (btw, it wasn't Hydrobead, it's NeverWet which seems to be pretty much the same thing) it leaves a white residue and it peals off! The application process is also messy and the stuff has a nasty smell. This stuff is garbage, avoid! It's going straight back to home depot for a full refund! I guess it was just too good to be true.
    Summit DeWalt 14.4v

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The hardest thing with super slippery stuff like that is getting it to stay on.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by goliath View Post
    Update: I tried it out on my black wheelie bar, (btw, it wasn't Hydrobead, it's NeverWet which seems to be pretty much the same thing) it leaves a white residue and it peals off! The application process is also messy and the stuff has a nasty smell. This stuff is garbage, avoid! It's going straight back to home depot for a full refund! I guess it was just too good to be true.
    Maby that's why they used it on a lighter color rc. so the residue would not show.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    goliath, is the neverwet a single coating, or a 2 part base/topcoat application?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    It's 2 coatings, base and top coat.
    Summit DeWalt 14.4v

RC Enthusiast
    Here is a product that is super hydophobic and goes on clear. It is a **** coating material that is applied in a single application via a spray bottle. I have used this stuff on my Acura and it seems to work pretty well. Water runs right off. It will keep mud from sticking to the car. You can spray it on everything including body's all the way up to and including electronics ( I sprayed my iphone and ipad). http://frogshield.com/p_hybrid.php

RC Qualifier

Hydrobead

I wouldn't trust a product that has spelling mistakes on the front page of the website!
    Dual not Duel. Substrate not sub strait.
    Professional companies that are indeed involved in legitimate ********nology, surely have someone to check their website. Just my spider senses tingling perhaps