RC Qualifier

Electric rc seems complicated vs nitro.

I have not tried electric traxxas rcs, but nitro seems more simple vs electric. Lipo, 1s, 2s,4s whatever that means, charge rate, low voltage warning, etc.... are battteries really that sensitive to charge rates, heat. Do u guys enjoy electric rcs when having to deal with battery issues, charging, etc. What does 4s mean? Do batteries display the s rating? What does s stand for? Four supras? Three studges? Nitro just seems more simple...

If you are not buying spare parts, you are going too slow!
    Last edited by 2010; 03-11-2014 at 07:47 AM.

RC Qualifier
    In their own ways they are simpler and more complicated than the others. Brushless electrics go faster, but are limited to run time on the battery. Nitros are fill the tank and go, you only need to keep filling the tank, but the nitros are a lot more maintenance, you need to tune them, clean them, and buy the nitro. Overall, electrics are becoming more popular, and nitros are losing popularity

LiPo maintenance is not all that complicated... it really becomes second nature after a short while.

The "S" after the # stands for cell count in series.
    So, a 2S battery has two LiPo cells in series within the pack... a 3S has three LiPo cells in series within the pack... ect.

I have ran both brushless and nitro... I would choose to run brushless hands down, no contest, over nitro any day.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    Nitro in a sense is more fun than electric because you get to hear the sound of the engine than you also get to smell the nitro when you first get to driving it. Nitro you can to tune for speed or torque. Electric you cant really tune for torque, that the only flaw. I wouldn't say that nitro's are loosing popularity. I have both Electric and nitro and i just upgrade my nitro sport .15 engine to the 2.5r and i cant wait to get it out and break it in!! The Electric is only fun when the weather is kinda bad for the engine and or you cant get the engine running cause your in such a high altitude. But i really want the Revo 3.3 but you know cant afford it and i'm saving up for a legit car.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by summit_merv View Post
    Nitro in a sense is more fun than electric because you get to hear the sound of the engine than you also get to smell the nitro when you first get to driving it. Nitro you can to tune for speed or torque. Electric you cant really tune for torque, that the only flaw. I wouldn't say that nitro's are loosing popularity. I have both Electric and nitro and i just upgrade my nitro sport .15 engine to the 2.5r and i cant wait to get it out and break it in!! The Electric is only fun when the weather is kinda bad for the engine and or you cant get the engine running cause your in such a high altitude. But i really want the Revo 3.3 but you know cant afford it and i'm saving up for a legit car.
    Gearing up or down is essentially tuning for either speed or torque.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes, you can tune for torque with the proper brushless equipment:

Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    electric is far easier than nitro. with electric a beginner can spend more effort on driving the car and less on how its running.

I own both and enjoy both, but would say for a beginner or non-tinkerer should definitely choose electric. If you are more advanced and are ok with the fact that you must tinker with it to keep it running then go nitro.

Also, if you are working on the r/c and dont have a dedicated place to, nitros are far dirtier than electric. and will upset your wife/mother/etc.

I sold a brushless revo and bought a nitro revo. its slower and more maintenance.. why, because my father and brother in law both run nitro and it was not much fun running my electric with their nitros.

when Im driving with the wife I break out the electric. she prefers the quiet and simplicity of it and is actually starting to drive it herself.
    Traxxas please sell kits!

RC Champion
    They are different all together. Nitro is more maintenance for sure, if you love to hear the roar of the beast, the smell, the sound and endless run time then definitely get one. i still like them but now enjoying electric systems
    Brushless, is just sheer power, no neighbors after you when you bash out side, have plenty of batteries or if you have a fast portable power source to charge the battery, then our are good to go , spend as long as you want out, and again, how much time do you really intend to run some times......on tracks, 15 mins of concentration could be exhausting.....
    Such is the hobby, you got to really try them.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    I grew tired of Nitro, electric far better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4x4 Pede VXL Brushless, 2S LiPo. Bought Feb. 2014